Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So obviously you can become and dentist. But what else can you do with a dentistry degree, can you go into pharmaceuticals like you can with medicine?

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine there's probably jobs in some corporate positions, I.E. working on brush designs with colgate... something of that nature.

Obviously specializations so orthodontics etc etc

I wouldn't imagine there's too much scope for them in pharmaceuticals... possibly an advisory position or leading clinical trials, something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    So obviously you can become and dentist. But what else can you do with a dentistry degree, can you go into pharmaceuticals like you can with medicine?
    I've heard dentistry graduates going into IB and working in the city. You can also go into academia. Theres a whole range of other things too but the vast majority study dentistry to be dentists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaceMindu)
    I would imagine there's probably jobs in some corporate positions, I.E. working on brush designs with colgate... something of that nature.

Obviously specializations so orthodontics etc etc

I wouldn't imagine there's too much scope for them in pharmaceuticals... possibly an advisory position or leading clinical trials, something like that.
    (Original post by teen1234)
    I've heard dentistry graduates going into IB and working in the city. You can also go into academia. Theres a whole range of other things too but the vast majority study dentistry to be dentists
    Thanks for your insight guys!

Really I wonder how they managed that! ahaha ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I made an origami boat out of mine. It's awesome.

*May not have a dentistry degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I made an origami boat out of mine. It's awesome.

*May not have a dentistry degree
    Omg you sold your soul to the NHS :O silly medic..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Omg you sold your soul to the NHS :O silly medic..
    I had a spare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I had a spare.
    Oh yeah... where could I get one of those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Thanks for your insight guys!

Really I wonder how they managed that! ahaha ^_^
    Its because its a hard degree, high a level entry requirements etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.