The Student Room Group

Don't want to go to insurance university, but don't want to reject them.

I don't particularly want to go to my insurance uni as I know that I will achieve higher grades than they are asking for, however, I'm concerned about meeting the grades for my firm choice. I would prefer to go through clearing if I don't meet the grades for my firm and find somewhere new, but I don't want to give up my place at my insurance as i'll be stuck if I don't find anywhere better in clearing.
Can I hold onto my insurance until I've got confirmation of another place elsewhere?
Original post by georgialn96
I don't particularly want to go to my insurance uni as I know that I will achieve higher grades than they are asking for, however, I'm concerned about meeting the grades for my firm choice. I would prefer to go through clearing if I don't meet the grades for my firm and find somewhere new, but I don't want to give up my place at my insurance as i'll be stuck if I don't find anywhere better in clearing.
Can I hold onto my insurance until I've got confirmation of another place elsewhere?

Yes. As far as I know, you only lose your insurance choice once you've accepted the offer of another University.
Original post by georgialn96

If you apply through clearing then no, you have to reject your insurance before you apply to other courses. However if you have higher grades than your insurance you can apply through adjustment in which case you can keep your insurance offer and apply to courses only with higher grades than your current insurance.
Reply 3
Original post by Nicole14510
If you apply through clearing then no, you have to reject your insurance before you apply to other courses. However if you have higher grades than your insurance you can apply through adjustment in which case you can keep your insurance offer and apply to courses only with higher grades than your current insurance.

Ahhh I see, thanks that's a big help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest