Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What were the best and worst parts of your prom? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, so please feel free to move this to the correct sub-forum if required.

As head boy of my school, myself and the rest of the head students have been granted with the arduous task of organising what is arguably the most memorable night of our school lives - prom! As a result, we really want this to be a fantastic evening which everyone will enjoy.

It would be incredibly helpful if you could post your own prom experiences: what was good, what was bad, what could have gone better etc, so we don't end up making some pretty god-awful decisions which I have only heard horror stories about!

Cheers,
    captainrat
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Good: The photographer and security on the boat were amazing and the music was sexy as hell

Bad: It was on a boat, so like there were 2 occurrences where people nearly fell of the boat :lol:

What could have gone better: Get a bigger better boat :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I spoke to really enjoyed having a photobooth, I’d suggest that. Not any organisational bad points I can think of off the top of my head, pretty much the only ‘annoyance' was the massive queue for the bar but that’s fairly inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    Good: Photos with everyone were great

Bad: The music wasn't really suited to my style so I didn't dance TTuTT

ReputationRep:
    Bad: not going haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bad: It was on a boat and hence I didn't show up

ReputationRep:
    Best: Noone on the door noticed how drunk I was

Worst: Too many people trying to get me to dance whilst the room was spinning

ReputationRep:
    ...I was in my bed by 11pm😪. Having no income to afford £9 drinks in a posh hotel and downing vodka in the toilets should be avoided at all costs. But hey being sick on your biology teaches shoes is a great story to hear the next day 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Best: non-stop dancing and great music, everyone getting along with each other and feeling part of the school community

Worst: Ending, and at the start the dancing was dead but picked up after an hour.

Miles better than my year 11 prom for sure, it was on a boat and there was booze!

ReputationRep:
    Good: The ending

Bad: The start of it

joking I didn't go to it

ReputationRep:
    Best: the dancing and food.

Worst: the fact that we had it at the school, rather than anywhere nice. My school really was dirt cheap when I was there, though.

Best best fact: I've lost weight since then, and I need my old prom dress re-sizing!

ReputationRep:
    Best: I was intoxicated the whole night

Worst: No one was dancing

ReputationRep:
    So, is a photo booth a good idea then?

ReputationRep:
    Photo Booth was cool but the food was horrendous.

Oh and they kicked us all out early because too many people were drunk :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Best part i didnt go
    Worst part i didnt go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Photo booth
    Photographer
    Dj

Are pretty essential imo.

A free drink on arrival is always a good idea. We had Pimm's but it tasted like ****, so if you do that make sure it's good Pimm's.

For the meal we had like 7 students and 3 teachers to a table which worked out really well.

Pick a nice venue - I don't think a boat is a good idea. And not in the school Sports Hall.

That's pretty much it. Make sure the alcohol is flowing and get everyone dancing and you'll have a great night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainrat)
    Hi there! I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, so please feel free to move this to the correct sub-forum if required.

As head boy of my school, myself and the rest of the head students have been granted with the arduous task of organising what is arguably the most memorable night of our school lives - prom! As a result, we really want this to be a fantastic evening which everyone will enjoy.

It would be incredibly helpful if you could post your own prom experiences: what was good, what was bad, what could have gone better etc, so we don't end up making some pretty god-awful decisions which I have only heard horror stories about!

Cheers,
    captainrat
    Good: Photobooth
    There were areas where the music wasn't too loud so people can meet each other and talk before going to the main hall/room where the dance floor was.

Bad: There wasn't a lot to do other than dance which wasn't everyone's thing so a handful of people were just standing there or sitting down in the corner or something.
    Also, there weren't a lot of food or snacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Best part i didnt go
    Worst part i didnt go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was exactly like that after the prom.night I changed my mind dramatically.. I'm glad I didn't go then again I wasn't haha :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bad: we didn't have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobsta10)
    Bad: we didn't have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously? Wow wtf? Well then again the headteacher at my school kept changing is mind all year because of how bad our year group was then eventually 1&1/2months before the prom was he decided to have one ahaha. I didn't go but tbh it was bad a lot of my friends said so yeah ahha

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.