Mods? or certain mods just stop it. TSR censorship Watch

ReputationRep:
    wdwa
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They probably get closed cause they get out of hand. And I'm sure many have jobs/education.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a problem with any warnings or cards you have gotten, you can take it up in Ask A Moderator making a thread like this will just get you in trouble again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivinityA)
    They probably get closed cause they get out of hand. And I'm sure many have jobs/education.
    Yeah this, threads like the pua one were obviously going to get out of hand, so they get rightly closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    This is quite undemocratic
    Where, exactly, does it say that this is a democracy?

ReputationRep:
    There were some really interesting threads on here and debates and they have been taken down. One about pua another about approaching girls.

This is quite undemocratic and censorship towards your sanctimonious nature and jealousy. I've always loved TSR for its passionate thinkers and opinionated posters. Thats what makes it great. Mods that interfere should be relieved of their rank abuse. Join the real world and get a real job.
    Threads are often deleted or cleaned up, due to rule breaking - otherwise you end up with sites where any thing goes

Also, it's not really "undemocratic" to abide by rules...

It's censorship I'll give you that, but when people join up, they agree to abide by certain rules. IF those rules are broken, they're dealt with accordingly

ReputationRep:
    Join the real world and get a real job.
    I believe most of us have jobs

ReputationRep:
    Both of those got filled up with sexist bull**** so it's hardly surprising they were closed.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    If you have a problem with any warnings or cards you have gotten, you can take it up in Ask A Moderator making a thread like this will just get you in trouble again
    AAM is usually unsuccessful as the mods come up with all sorts of reasons that are "Just"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    AAM is usually unsuccessful as the mods come up with all sorts of reasons that are "Just"
    Usually - because usually we get it right. Occasionally, we get it wrong and reverse cards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Usually - because usually we get it right. Occasionally, we get it wrong and reverse cards
    That's subjective to be fair. I've been carded a lot of times where it genuinely was (looking at it in an unbiased way) a completely ridiculous decision to card me, and I mean completely ridiculous.

The flipside of that there are a couple of things I think I should have got a straight out ban for that no one even did anything about...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I believe most of us have jobs
    Don't be ridiculous - we clearly spend 24/7 doing modding :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    When you sign up to this site and post, you agree to a set of rules. Posts / Threads that infringe those rules get deleted and members who infringe those rules get warned or banned. Simple as. You agreed to the rules. If you don't like it then leave TSR, no one is stopping you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Imagine the most socially inept people, who have been bullied and pushed around their entire life, and so as a consequence spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet...
    Or they work in IT/another job at a computer

ReputationRep:
    First they came for the Posters, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Poster.

Then they came for the Subscribers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Subscriber.

Then they came for the Members, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Members.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.