Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to this forum, but I hope you can help me with this issue.

First of all, I got a 43 in my IB Diploma. I was pretty amazed, since I did 2 baccalaureates at the same time (IB and German Abitur) and I didn't study that much for the IB. I got an A in the EE, B in ToK (so 3 extra points) and 7 in all subjets except Biology, in which I got a 5.
    To be honest, I was surprised and disappointed at the same time, because I didn't expect that mark in Biology. I would have expected it in Math or even in English, since I was not that happy with those exams, but I expected 6 or 7 in Bio HL.

As soon as my Biology teacher saw the grade, she recommended me to ask for a EUR (enquiry upon results) (she had given me a predicted grade of 7). On one side, I would like to do that, since I believe the first examiner was too strict or made a mistae. 5 was actually the highest mark in Biology at my school and there were a couple of students I believed would get a 7 without problems, according to their results in the exams throught the year. However, I didn't expected such a great total mark and I'm scared because it could also get lowered after the remark (I actually need to sign a consent).

Should I ask for it? Do people tend to get higher or lower grades after a Biology remark? (In my case, I'm closer to the 5-6 boundary than to the 4-5 one. I need 5 points to get a 6).

Thank you very much in advance and congratulations for your IB diplomas!!

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like you should have done better, and your teacher does as well, then I'd be inclined to ask for a remark. The exception is if dropping one mark overall in the IB would have a significant impact (I.E. if you need 43 for something).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.