Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm sure you guys are all getting excited about Freshers! It was really awesome last year, so I'm sure this year is going to be even better!! Just to introduce ourselves, we're the Business Society and we'll be running events, academic and social, throughout the year for you to get involved with.

The great thing is, you don't even have to study business or anything related to join! There'll be more information about how to sign up nearer the time, so don't worry about that.

However, feel free to have a ponder around our website, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, it'll be great to see some new faces!

We're all second years - but this year we're really trying to make your first year helpful, however, we want to have lots of fun also! (We're all really friendly!)

Also, feel free to tweet/facebook us if you have any questions

UOLBS

ReputationRep:
    Hey i'm studying business and management this September how was the first year? and can you explain what I need to do for freshers? I think I need to buy a ticket? but i'm not sure, i don't really know anyone who's already down Lincoln or going. Could you give me some advice or tips? (best places to drink, get mortal) anything that's going to help haha cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Patrick,

It was really well planned - I study Marketing and Advertising, so we did marketing activities (we had to do a presentation, in the first week!). I'm not sure what management students did, but you will be finding out shorty! The SU releases their tickets on their website on results day (lincolnsu.com).

Just make sure you make the most of your first year, but remember to get good grades too - especially if you're hoping to do a placement year. Many of the clubs are going through creating new nights this year, with the SU's new night on a Wednesday being announced soon.

Bradley
    Marketing Director

ReputationRep:
    Hi Patrick,

I'm the president, will be easier for me to comment from this account.

Buying a ticket - Last year I bought the freshers ticket that the SU sell, it was a great event, however I was lucky as the rest of my flat also bought tickets. The freshers week is a bit disjointed this year as some of the events in the city seem to be pulling quite good numbers. My honest answer is to wait and see what your flat mates have done, will be doing when you find them on facebook.

If you buy one ticket, I would 100% buy the Freshers Launch event, that was next level.

Add me on facebook, if you need any other tips.

facebook.com/peterjameswatson

Peter

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm hopefully coming to do business studies in september. Do you know when we get our timetables, i'v got a part time job that i can move to lincoln, just need to work out when things will be.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Unfortunately you won't get your timetable until around Friday of freshers week - however, if you can do your job on the weekend, I would suggest working then as activities (clubbing/sports) quieten down on the weekends.

Bradley

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.