Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So Ive just graduated from Manchester University with a 2.1 degree in B.A. Economics. I did quite badly in my 2nd year especially in the econometrics module, but I performed strongly in my final year to get a 2.1, hence why I have not applied for a masters yet.

I have the chance to do a masters basically for free (due to something my dad set up for me before he passed), so I want to take advantage of that and do a masters right away.

Both the courses Msc Business Analytics and Msc Economics are still open and are at my university but Im having trouble deciding which course to do.

Id like to give my C.V. somewhat of a boost with a masters, but it seems that Economics will not be very useful unless I want to go into a purely economics career and I am leaning to a more industry type career (perhaps at a big 4 firm). That said, I did enjoy my econ final year. The other downside is Manchester isn't in the top 15 unis for econ either.....

The business analytics course looks cool, and what I like is that it is at the MBS which has a stong rep. But it sounds a little....well narrow and specific aswell....

Im leaning towards the Business analytics course, but which would give a better boost overall? And has anybody done any of these courses....and can tell me if they are any good?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.