Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all. I'm 26 yo with a 1 year old little boy. I'm looking into going back to study (1st degree was in fashion journalism, but decided it wasn't for me!)
    I'm looking at doing child nursing and I know that tuition fees are paid for, but does anyone know if I'm entitled to any other bursaries or grants as I know normally you're not if it's a second degree. I wasn't sure if it was different if you were studying in the medical/healthcare sector. I know if it's your first degree you get a childcare grant, but I'm unsure if you get this if it's my second degree.
    If anyone has any experience in this, I would be really grateful for any info you can give me. I should also add that I'm not a single parent, but my partner is on a low income.
    TIA x

    I'm doing physio after doing a previous degree and I'm entitled to extra money from the student loans company that I will eventually have to pay back. I also get the max nhs bursary which is over 5000 a year plus they pay your fees. Also one of the girls on the course is about to have a baby and she will be able to get extra money for childcare and this is her second degree and her husband works also.

    Hope that helps
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.