Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brasil in tatters, what went wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can safely say Brasil got properly ****ed over by the Krouts this evening (7-1).

I'm really happy for Klose toppling Ronaldo off the top to claim the leading scorer in World Cups!

I'm hoping the Netherlands will beat Argentina for a well deserved European World Cup Final

So what happened to Brasil?

I think it was due to the lack of money to pay the refs, and the fact they lost Neymar and Thiago Silva ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)
    I can safely say Brasil got properly ****ed over by the Krouts this evening (7-1).

I'm really happy for Klose toppling Ronaldo off the top to claim the leading scorer in World Cups!

I'm hoping the Netherlands will beat Argentina for a well deserved European World Cup Final

So what happened to Brasil?

I think it was due to the lack of money to pay the refs, and the fact they lost Neymar and Thiago Silva ...
    The only logical explanation I can think of too.

ReputationRep:
    number of reasons to be honest

1.) Losing their key two players
    2.) Even worse when one of those players is their captian who pretty much runs the whole defense
    3.) Pressure to perform and win was huge, I'm not saying they didnt deserve to lose, but are they 7-1 worse then germany? doubt it
    4.) I also feel they didnt really play many european sides, their last 4 matches were all non european sides so possibly they got used to play south american teams to often
    5.) Their midfield has been nothing close to spectacular and I feel thats their weakest point and showed today, fernandinho was horriblr today making 2 horrible costs today, their defense and attack is much better than their midfield

still no argument, they deserved to lose, though despite their 7-1 this is a new and inexperienced side, winning a confed cup with a great last year and one loss so far this year with a younger side is very good in my opinion, they are one of the teams for the future just like france imo so come 4 years team lets see how the likes of oscar, neymar and others can perform

my 2 cent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the greatest)

2.) Even worse when one of those players is their captian who pretty much runs the whole defense
    3.) Pressure to perform and win was huge, I'm not saying they didnt deserve to lose, but are they 7-1 worse then germany? doubt it
    4.) I also feel they didnt really play many european sides, their last 4 matches were all non european sides so possibly they got used to play south american teams to often
    5.) Their midfield has been nothing close to spectacular and I feel thats their weakest point and showed today, fernandinho was horriblr today making 2 horrible costs today, their defense and attack is much better than their midfield

still no argument, they deserved to lose, though despite their 7-1 this is a new and inexperienced side, winning a confed cup with a great last year and one loss so far this year with a younger side is very good in my opinion, they are one of the teams for the future just like france imo so come 4 years team lets see how the likes of oscar, neymar and others can perform

my 2 cent
    Not going to lie, but their defence without Silva is **** ... and Hulk fred and bernard up front was rubbish too ... they had no substance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the greatest)

my 2 cent
    And I think they broke psychologically after the first 2-3 goals.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.