Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's this guy who used to be in the year below me at school. His older brother was actually in my year, so that's how I knew about him. Anyway, for the entirety of high school this kid never approached me. As soon as I LEFT, which was 2 years ago, suddenly there's all this interest. And he's literally been hounding me ever since. On and off for the last 2 years- all on social media. Not creeper-ish, just trying to initiate a relationship...
    This guy seems nice, but I've been ignoring or denying him for 2 years because of a few reasons. I don't find him that physically attractive; he's younger than me; and his older brother was in my year (which I just find a bit weird). I've not been mean about it, just kindly turned him down each and every time and did my best not to lead him on in ANY way.

Well he's STILL trying- and tonight he asked me on a 'date' out of the blue, over facebook. I don't really want to AT all, but he's phrasing it like it's only meant to be as friends. It's REALLY hard to say no because he asked very sweetly and I feel obliged after how relentless he's been trying to see me over the last couple years.

Is it wrong for me to say no, even if it's just for 'a casual drink'? Which I know he'll want to push to something more between us- I'm not that stupid. But it just feels so MEAN to keep saying no ALL the time..? Of course I haven't outright said '**** OFF' to him yet, but I'd hoped all the offers I've turned down politely have been SOME kind of indication I'm not interested.

I'm just so confused about what to do. I don't want to hurt the guy; he seems nice.

ReputationRep:
    Go on the date,who knows u might click, if not, he can't say u didn't try lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Block him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.