Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommended TV size for gaming at university? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In first year I took my 32" TV which is pretty big and is a pain to move when moving in and out, it's also an older TV so it has a pretty large back to it unlike modern flat TV's. It fit perfectly in my room, I just put it on top of my drawers and still had the desk entirety to myself.

However, I'm looking for a smaller TV for convenience of moving it but still able to get good experience out of gaming with it. Anyone got any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    You want a recommendation for size or an actual TV? & what's your budget?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    In first year I took my 32" TV which is pretty big and is a pain to move when moving in and out, it's also an older TV so it has a pretty large back to it unlike modern flat TV's. It fit perfectly in my room, I just put it on top of my drawers and still had the desk entirety to myself.

However, I'm looking for a smaller TV for convenience of moving it but still able to get good experience out of gaming with it. Anyone got any recommendations?
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-...48479-pdt.html

Maybe this.

ReputationRep:
    The new range of Sony Bravia's are good, have one myself, not sure if they do anything below 32" though but they're extremely slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    You want a recommendation for size or an actual TV? & what's your budget?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strong comprehension skills. I'm mainly looking for TV size recommendations but I don't really want to spend any more than £150 because I'm not a big money spender, if you can suggest a specific TV up to that cost then by all means feel free.

ReputationRep:
    Strong comprehension skills. I'm mainly looking for TV size recommendations but I don't really want to spend any more than £150 because I'm not a big money spender, if you can suggest a specific TV up to that cost then by all means feel free.
    I've seen a couple 27inch TV's but they're more around the 220 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a nice 24 inch monitor which is hooked up to both my xbox one and desktop computer, at home ATM but will take to uni. So many good games coming out in September/October time can't miss out :P

ReputationRep:

Get a PC Monitor with a 2ms Refresh Rate. They're the best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.