Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo, I'm meant to be starting a course in ancient history at Cardiff this September but just wanted to know a few things before I made a final decision. Aka what's the nightlife like? I'm into everything and like going to big clubs but also quirky bars and listening to live music, is there anything like that in Cardiff?? Also, what's the city actually like to live in? Is it fun with plenty of stuff to do? Aswell as friendly and homely? Just wanted a feel of what it's like to be a student there really without sounding like a weirdo haha as need to decide if I'm definitely going or not... Help!!

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first year at Cardiff studying Law and I loved it! nightlife is great, something every night of the week! theres glam and a few other major places to go like tiger tiger. For live music there's Live Lounge which is really cheap in the week. Can usually go out with 20 quid in the week and come back hammered with change, so its really cheap Also the student union have 2 nights a week usually which are really popular and cheap The city is good to live in. Not too busy, but still loads of high street shops and cute little independent stores as well There are plenty of parks and there's cardiff bay if your looking for places to chill on a sunny day It won't cost you much to live there either as when you go into housing rent is really cheap, also loads of pubs dotted around for cheap food and drink in the day I would recommend cardiff to anyone as I love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sskkiittoo)
    I've just finished my first year at Cardiff studying Law and I loved it! nightlife is great, something every night of the week! theres glam and a few other major places to go like tiger tiger. For live music there's Live Lounge which is really cheap in the week. Can usually go out with 20 quid in the week and come back hammered with change, so its really cheap Also the student union have 2 nights a week usually which are really popular and cheap The city is good to live in. Not too busy, but still loads of high street shops and cute little independent stores as well There are plenty of parks and there's cardiff bay if your looking for places to chill on a sunny day It won't cost you much to live there either as when you go into housing rent is really cheap, also loads of pubs dotted around for cheap food and drink in the day I would recommend cardiff to anyone as I love it
    Did you stay in halls? Just sorting out my accommodation and wondering if you have any recommendations :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.