Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am hoping to start uni in Sept, now this year has been awkwardly annoying for me. At the start of A2 me and a boy started to get close spoke more and stuff, we went out with friends aswell as our own now when he started mentioning dates I sort of pushed back and isolated myself from him, now the same thing happened with another guy just a couple of months ago, now I do like both, but what's wrong with me?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people get feeling muddled up, I would try spending time with both without committing to either and make a decision based on who treats you better/who you feel more at ease with/ who you have more in common with etc. And of course you do not have to commit to either; if you feel yourself pushing them away then there is probably a reason or some sort of barrier between you, whether it be something you are unsure of to do with the person, or a personal barrier it means something. I wish you luck for the future

ReputationRep:
    Play the field a bit. Good relationships are hard to come by, so if you have two people you like, pit them against each other and see who you like best. If you're just casually going out, but haven't been on a date with either of them, you don't have to commit yourself too much at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatiePotatie123)
    A lot of people get feeling muddled up, I would try spending time with both without committing to either and make a decision based on who treats you better/who you feel more at ease with/ who you have more in common with etc. And of course you do not have to commit to either; if you feel yourself pushing them away then there is probably a reason or some sort of barrier between you, whether it be something you are unsure of to do with the person, or a personal barrier it means something. I wish you luck for the future
    They both treat me the same, but they're both so different (only thing in common is their love for food). One's a graphics/media/photography freak and the other is a gym freak aha. They first is also going to the same uni as me. I've weighed up everything, but now when I talk to either I hold myself back if that makes sense? And thank you, I hope the very best for you too.

(Original post by The 4th Doctor)
    Play the field a bit. Good relationships are hard to come by, so if you have two people you like, pit them against each other and see who you like best. If you're just casually going out, but haven't been on a date with either of them, you don't have to commit yourself too much at this stage.
    I guess i'm getting impatient with myself, it's been a year this happening, i'm usually so decisive but this is one thing i'm struggling at and it's annoying me. One directly asked me about dating and I just laughed it off, whilst the other asked his friend to talk to me about it. I hate this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorii)
    They both treat me the same, but they're both so different (only thing in common is their love for food). One's a graphics/media/photography freak and the other is a gym freak aha. They first is also going to the same uni as me. I've weighed up everything, but now when I talk to either I hold myself back if that makes sense? And thank you, I hope the very best for you too. I guess i'm getting impatient with myself, it's been a year this happening, i'm usually so decisive but this is one thing i'm struggling at and it's annoying me. One directly asked me about dating and I just laughed it off, whilst the other asked his friend to talk to me about it. I hate this
    Nah, you're like me, I think you're just a bit afraid of relationships and dating. Like any fear, the only way to overcome it is to face it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorii)
    They both treat me the same, but they're both so different (only thing in common is their love for food). One's a graphics/media/photography freak and the other is a gym freak aha. They first is also going to the same uni as me. I've weighed up everything, but now when I talk to either I hold myself back if that makes sense? And thank you, I hope the very best for you too.

I guess i'm getting impatient with myself, it's been a year this happening, i'm usually so decisive but this is one thing i'm struggling at and it's annoying me. One directly asked me about dating and I just laughed it off, whilst the other asked his friend to talk to me about it. I hate this
    Just say yes to the guy that asked you on a date and see for yourself whether you like him and want to continue with it. This isn't quantum physics we're discussing here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The 4th Doctor)
    Nah, you're like me, I think you're just a bit afraid of relationships and dating. Like any fear, the only way to overcome it is to face it.
    Glad to know i'm not the only one, so have you overcome it?

(Original post by djpailo)
    Just say yes to the guy that asked you on a date and see for yourself whether you like him and want to continue with it. This isn't quantum physics we're discussing here...
    Wow okay jeeeezuz, thanks for the logical answer :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorii)
    Wow okay jeeeezuz, thanks for the logical answer :adore:

All I'm saying is you just too-ing and fro-ing and not actually doing anything. If you have an irrational fear of dating, then that is another issue entirely. But it seems like you're just trying to assess which is better without even getting to know them and that is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpailo)
    All I'm saying is you just too-ing and fro-ing and not actually doing anything. If you have an irrational fear of dating, then that is another issue entirely. But it seems like you're just trying to assess which is better without even getting to know them and that is wrong.
    Trust me that's not what i'm trying to do, everyone I know has had some sort of disaster relationship and i guess I don't want to be a product of it, and I know not all relationship end up like that, i guess i've just been trying to save myself from it, idk? But I want to let go of it, but I just can't seem to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.