The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just happens but smart thing to do, use a condom :O
People might not realise that their contraceptive is less effective at that given point - if a woman is on certain antibiotics and hasn't notice that they interfere with the effectiveness of her pill. You may be allergic to rubber and have trouble getting latex free condoms (although they do exist, so it's not that much of an excuse). You might have a condom break. You might be taking a pill that just doesn't work for you (I read somewhere that if taken correctly, the pill is 100% effective except in some women where it doesn't work at all because they don't react well to it, not sure where though).
Also, you may have someone lying about using the pill or having an implant or a coil or something.
Accidental pregnancies do exist.

But I do agree that anyone not even trying to use a form of protection if they don't want a child doesn't have any room to complain.
Original post by Troytheboy
Heat of the moment, feels better, and the old unreliable trick of pulling it out

More reliable than not doing it, if you do it properly - urinate before sex and there is very very little semen in the fluids before ejaculation.
Reply 23
Original post by skd1996

If it's the heat of the moment then most likely people won't be able to look past the '15 minutes of pleasure' at all-it's easier to say that than to actually do it. Noone should be sterilised.

Let me guess, you are one of these people?
Reply 24
Original post by donutaud15
There are no contraceptives that's 100% effective other than abstinence. So essentially if you don't believe in accidental pregnancies then you're just telling people to abstain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or turn gay ... if you can do that :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by skd1996
No I'm not. But it is easy to understand how people can not use them. It is a personal choice and no-one has the right to judge them over it. Equally, if they do become pregnant, no-one has the right to abuse them for having an abortion.

We have every right to abuse them if they complain about it though.
Reply 26
Original post by skd1996
No I'm not. But it is easy to understand how people can not use them. It is a personal choice and no-one has the right to judge them over it. Equally, if they do become pregnant, no-one has the right to abuse them for having an abortion.

Although I am pro-choice I don't believe that abortion should be used as an alternative to contraception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Although I am pro-choice I don't believe that abortion should be used as an alternative to contraception.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is how I feel too. Different if the contraception fails.
Original post by skd1996
Why should a woman have to put chemicals into her body that can cause bad side-effects and can actually even alter her body?

At what point did I suggest that they should have to?

Don't put words in my mouth.
Original post by minimarshmallow
People might not realise that their contraceptive is less effective at that given point - if a woman is on certain antibiotics and hasn't notice that they interfere with the effectiveness of her pill. You may be allergic to rubber and have trouble getting latex free condoms (although they do exist, so it's not that much of an excuse). You might have a condom break. You might be taking a pill that just doesn't work for you (I read somewhere that if taken correctly, the pill is 100% effective except in some women where it doesn't work at all because they don't react well to it, not sure where though).
Also, you may have someone lying about using the pill or having an implant or a coil or something.
Accidental pregnancies do exist.

But I do agree that anyone not even trying to use a form of protection if they don't want a child doesn't have any room to complain.

Ironically a lot of people who are allergic to latex are also allergic to the stuff they make latex-free condoms out of.
Original post by Gwilym101
At what point did I suggest that they should have to?

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not putting words into your mouth at all. You said there are other options than condoms, but many of these options are just for women and involve chemicals and hormones- so why should women have to do that? I'm not saying you said they should.

Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this. It shouldn't be an alternative to contraception- but if a couple get 'caught up in the moment' and an accident does happen they shouldn't be 'shunned' or moaned at for choosing to have an abortion.
However, on the other hand I do agree it is different however if a couple deliberately doesn't use a condom every single time or just decide to use abortion as a back up plan.

Original post by A5ko
We have every right to abuse them if they complain about it though.

No-one has the right to abuse anyone?
Original post by skd1996
I'm not putting words into your mouth at all. You said there are other options than condoms, but many of these options are just for women and involve chemicals and hormones- so why should women have to do that? I'm not saying you said they should.

Fair enough. I apologise.
I've never had unprotected and I was on the pill a year before mum found any pills :L
I've not found that the pill has ****ed up my menstrual cycle particularly and it certainly hasn't had an adverse effect on my libido. Other than that, I just ensured that me and my boyfriend were both clear of STIs before we started sleeping together.
because they can just abort the child. #yolo #swag #banter
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I don't understand why people have sex without anything to stop pregnancy if they don't want to have a child it's quite silly. I think people should stop complaining if they get a female pregnant or get pregnant. I don't believe in "accidental" pregnancy as they chose to have unprotected sex.

Because the people in question are ****ing stupid. That is all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because condoms are ****e
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I don't understand why people have sex without anything to stop pregnancy if they don't want to have a child it's quite silly. I think people should stop complaining if they get a female pregnant or get pregnant. I don't believe in "accidental" pregnancy as they chose to have unprotected sex.

Most people don't. They either use a condom, or the girl is on the pill, or they do anal.

I have never had unprotected sex with a girl who wasn't on the pill, just seems like a retarded thing to do.
Reply 37
I think it's inconsiderate to not use a condom and do you really want STDs/STIs? People just don't look at the bigger picture.
Coz it feels better for them & they are prepared to take the risk :dontknow:
Reply 39
Because people are ****ing retarded. There is no other explanation.

Latest

Trending

Trending