Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

blushing becoming a pain in the bum Watch

ReputationRep:
    I blush really really bad and its starting to nock my confidence.

Its not just rosey cheeks its bright red like a lobster. Ive tried hypnotherapy and creams they worked for a short time then I became 'immune' and it wore off. I wanted to become a teacher but cant face teaching with a bright red face.

Please help.

ReputationRep:
    I get you! I blush over everything and anything... It really sucks but just take a deep breath! You can get over the fact of being embarrassed by it, I'm sure!

ReputationRep:
    The best way to deal with it is simply to keep exposing yourself to blushable situations..after a while it will just stop happening and you will gain confidence.

ReputationRep:
    So glad I'm not the only one with this problem!! IT'S HORRENDOUS hahah! It does get better over time though, the best thing to do is try and ignore it (almost impossible i know haha) or tell yourself to blush when you don't want to, almost like your daring yourself to blush - works like a sort of reverse psychology or something!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it's that bad, picture of you blushing please.
    (Original post by nevergiveupsoap)
    I blush really really bad and its starting to nock my confidence.

Its not just rosey cheeks its bright red like a lobster. Ive tried hypnotherapy and creams they worked for a short time then I became 'immune' and it wore off. I wanted to become a teacher but cant face teaching with a bright red face.

Please help.
    (Original post by chloe5453)
    I get you! I blush over everything and anything... It really sucks but just take a deep breath! You can get over the fact of being embarrassed by it, I'm sure!
    (Original post by A future Midwife)
    So glad I'm not the only one with this problem!! IT'S HORRENDOUS hahah! It does get better over time though, the best thing to do is try and ignore it (almost impossible i know haha) or tell yourself to blush when you don't want to, almost like your daring yourself to blush - works like a sort of reverse psychology or something!

ReputationRep:
    I also blush a lot and I hate it. It becomes even more embarrassing when someone points it out and I turn even brighter!

ReputationRep:
    The only way to deal with it is to expose yourself more and more to blushable events. When i was younger i was pretty much the same. Now really i couldnt give a flying f. I say what i say,do what i do and it doesnt bother me. Public speaking and presentations? pah..no problem....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.