Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazya96
Hi
Did you call them before or after you apply

After :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khancat
Hi,

Can someone tell me how you find out if your postcode falls below 20% IMD.

I am not sure whether to tick yes or no.

Please help!

Thank you

http://opendatacommunities.org/showcase/deprivation

If you go on to this postcode checker and enter your postcode and then hover over your postcode area it should tell you what rank your postcode is with 1 being the most deprived postcode and 32482 being the least deprived postcode.

20% of 32482 is 6496.4.

So if your postcode has a deprivation rank of 6496 or below you meet that criteria.

Hope that helps!
Reply 302
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan
http://opendatacommunities.org/showcase/deprivation

If you go on to this postcode checker and enter your postcode and then hover over your postcode area it should tell you what rank your postcode is with 1 being the most deprived postcode and 32482 being the least deprived postcode.

20% of 32482 is 6496.4.

So if your postcode has a deprivation rank of 6496 or below you meet that criteria.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. Really helpful :smile:
Original post by khancat
Thank you. Really helpful :smile:

You're welcome, did your postcode fall within the 20%?
I'm in the top 3 % with the next road in the top 0% I'm both happy and disturbed
Original post by medicinehope
I'm in the top 3 % with the next road in the top 0% I'm both happy and disturbed

wow, whereabouts do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Wow my area is 51 out of 32482. 0.16% i think i meet the criteria

In the ward end / Alum rock area of Birmingham
Reply 308
I actually thought I lived in an OK area, but it turns out its bottom 10% :eek: I even ticked "no" on the eligibility criteria :frown:
Can you please help me in using it
the web page is not responding for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you please help me in using it
the web page is not responding for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

is this about the postcode?
Wow my area is 0.16% that's depressing. Ranked 51. Is this out of the whole of the UK or just England?
Yh it is my pc is se5 9qg
Tell me how bad it is please hahaha
Reply 313
You're welcome, did your postcode fall within the 20%?

No it didn't.:smile:
Reply 314
Original post by alanconnel
Wow my area is 0.16% that's depressing. Ranked 51. Is this out of the whole of the UK or just England?

Whole of UK I think
Yh it is my pc is se5 9qg
Tell me how bad it is please hahaha

i'm not sure exactly which road area to look at...i think its 3611 out of 32482 (ilford road) eligible
eastlake road 8590 out of 32482 not eligible

i think you should be okay
AM AT lilford
Thanks man
Hiya. Any ex applicants or students....I just want to know if the selection day and interview is the same day/thing?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I read somewhere that over 500 people applied for the BM6 course this year. If they take everything into consideration, how do they select the people they invite to interviews? Especially if everyone who applied is more or less in the same situation in terms of bursary, income ect ect.

Reply 319
Original post by Female Gunner
Hey guys! I read somewhere that over 500 people applied for the BM6 course this year. If they take everything into consideration, how do they select the people they invite to interviews? Especially if everyone who applied is more or less in the same situation in terms of bursary, income ect ect.

There must be an internal scoring system assessing: GCSE, AS level, Achieved or Predicted A2 grades, Personal statement, ukcat apparently only used to differentiate between applicants who have similar scores, and then the top X of all applicants get selected for interview, which will then be filtered down further I'm guessing

Latest