Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl slept with random guy, turn off? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A girl I know slept with a random bloke she met online, less than a week after messaging them and a day after meeting them IRL. She was dumped immediately and now she's single.

Would this put you off a relationship with her?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    If I had options, perhaps. But I don't know.

I'd rather go out with her if I liked her than some other people who I know would never do something like that.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't consider any girl who did that.

ReputationRep:
    Nope probably wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Virgin is better

Not a deal breaker unless she regularly sleeps with other people ( including women) in which case no chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaboyNotBlack)
    Virgin is better

Not a deal breaker unless she regularly sleeps with other people ( including women) in which case no chance.
    Why would you want a virgin? Insecure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 122025278)
    A girl I know slept with a random bloke she met online, less than a week after messaging them and a day after meeting them IRL. She was dumped immediately and now she's single.

Would this put you off a relationship with her?
    yup

shes trash.
    your better.
    more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    god people on here are so uptight about sex! its pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spyro93)
    You could argue it's pathetic you would accept that.

:hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most girls have done this type of thing, it's not exactly ground breaking scandal behaviour is it? Girl meets guy, sleeps with him and it doesn't lead to relationship.

As for the 'met a guy online' this happens regularly now, girls use dating sites or start chatting to guys through different forms of social media and if they have stuff in common and are close by they meet up.

If you are getting upset about this I think you're going to have to have a reality check when you start meeting real girls at uni or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao was just going to write this. It's ridiculous isn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Most girls have done this type of thing, it's not exactly ground breaking scandal behaviour is it? Girl meets guy, sleeps with him and it doesn't lead to relationship.

As for the 'met a guy online' this happens regularly now, girls use dating sites or start chatting to guys through different forms of social media and if they have stuff in common and are close by they meet up.

If you are getting upset about this I think you're going to have to have a reality check when you start meeting real girls at uni or whatever.
    Exactly this. :yes:

Whilst I can, honestly, say I could see how this would be a turn-off if it were a regular occurrence, I really don't think this instance justifies some of the responses.

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly the blokes let's be honest here

Its quite funny when you see girls playing stupid games to pander to these sorts of guys though. Funny, but at the same time very depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personal preference really, untouched diamond in my eyes.

If thats insecure then ill be happy to be insecure.

ReputationRep:
    Is she that Irish slut in Magaluf? Wouldn't touch those dirty sorts with a barge pole!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    I think to be honest thats what underlines a lot of when guys are moralising about girls that have sex outside formal relationships, it's like a fear of feeling like there's 'competition' or that the girl will have higher expectations.

I remember when I was at college I was quite socially confident but I was inexperienced with girls so was anxious about taking things to the next stage with a girl which hampered my interactions with girls a bit. I had started hanging out with this quiet girl that seemed to quite like me, and because I was more socially confident than her it felt like she looked up to me a bit so I was enjoying being in a powerful position in our flirty interactions. I assumed that she was the type of girl that had never had a boyfriend before. Then one time when we were talking she told me about being on a girls holiday and sleeping with a random guy, and then that she'd had a ONS with another of the guys from college after someone's 18th.

I remember being really freaked out and unsettled because I thought I'd found someone of similar level experience to me that I could lose my virginity with on the same level and where it wouldn't matter if I wasn't a sexual Don Juan yet and still finding my way. But I thought oh no even this quiet girl has experience, everyone has experience rather than me. And I felt like it would totally change the dynamics of our interaction: through all the flirting I was The Man and she was the flirty girl that liked the attention, but I thought if we get in to bed and I'm fumbling and nervous and she's had confident guys before that have just given her a good seeing to, then she will change her view of me. So I kind of distanced myself a bit and made it just a 'friends' thing.

I'm not saying this as an insult btw, like 'these guys that are moralising are all virgins hahahaha', everyone was in a position once where they were inexperienced and nervous about sex. I'm just saying this is probably what causes some guys to be very uncomfortable with the idea of their female peers having sexual experiences.

I think as a guy you just have to accept the basic facts: when you're young the average girl has more sexual opportunities and probably more sexual experience than the average guy. Don't build up in your head the idea that there are loads of hot virgin girls that are waiting for you to give you your sexual debut and allow you to work up to the next level. Having ONS and some random sexual experiences isn't just limited to the brash loud party girls, a lot of quiet, polite girls that are focused on their studies will also have experiences like this, they just don't brag about it openly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    Is she that Irish slut in Magaluf? Wouldn't touch those dirty sorts with a barge pole!
    i thought the magaluf girl was english

ReputationRep:
    British women are too trashy

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a bit different though when it's the girl who asks the guy back to hers? I mean you can understand it being a guy trying their luck. But a girl, if I was a bloke I'd be thinking how many more have you had round this soon. Could be the reason for the prompt dumping.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.