Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive just finished my AS levels and want a change and to start my future! I've applied for a business admin apprenticeship but also want to pursue a career within veterinary nursing! Thing is business admin has a lot of ladder climbing and a good wage later on whereas veterinary nursing you can't climb the ladder that much! I'm also a bit squeamish! Although I have a big drive to work with animals but not so much to work in business! Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Try to secure work experience/shadowing in both careers, and decide which you think would be a best fit for you as a career. Better to spend a few months deciding than realise your error five years down the line and have to start at the bottom in a new industry.

From what you've written, it sounds like you'd rather go into veterinary nursing but are worried about the money. So you need to decide whether you'd rather have more money or a job you'd enjoy. In my mind, once you have enough money to live comfortably without worrying about bills and a decent disposable income, job satisfaction becomes a high priority.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou Tory for your useful response, i have done experience in an office and worked with animals as I do prefer animals to office! However like you say, money is a key object and I would like to life comfortably but I would love a job I enjoyed. However, my blood problem may get in the way? Don't you think? Or do you think I could overcome this? Thanks again for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.