Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Folks,

I applied for my accommodation after meeting the conditions of my offer around a week ago. On Monday I was offered my second choice - my first choice was Andrew Stewart Halls. I emailed Residential Services asking why I wasn't given my first choice, considering I managed to get my results weeks before the school leavers. I was told that Willow, Beech and ASH are completely full. The only rooms left are for those with special requirements. Just a heads up that if you apply for any of the above three, according to Residential Services, there are no rooms left, so, be sure to prioritise your options after those three.

ReputationRep:
    Awkt that's depressing I wanted one of those ! Is there any others with en suites? Thanks for letting me know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Abbie,

Unfortunately, there are no ensuite rooms available left at all. They have reserved some for international students and students with special requirements, but she said no scottish students will be offered ensuite rooms.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calum10)
    Hi Abbie,

Unfortunately, there are no ensuite rooms available left at all. They have reserved some for international students and students with special requirements, but she said no scottish students will be offered ensuite rooms.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    This message may appear more than once as my phone is being a ***** lol

Aww well I'll either get a different room yr 2 or a flat

Any recommendations to other ones then?

And I'll join freshers group when I know I'm in

ReputationRep:
    Well, it just depends on what you want. Whats left is Geddes, Fraser, Muirhead, Polwarth and Donnelly. I was offered Fraser and I changed it to Geddes. The main difference is Geddes you share a toilet with like 5 people, Fraser and the rest you'll share it with 3 or so. If you want to pay an extra £640 to share a toilet with 2 less people, that's your call. That was eventually the swaying factor for me.

There are loads of people on the FB group who only have conditionals

ReputationRep:
    I have until August to decide anyways - and I'm betting my options by then will be further limited

I put Stirling as my insurance - now I've changed my mind haha so I've got too hope I don't get an A in maths (which I probably haven't anyway ). Once I know it's a B I'll reinstate my FB account and join lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Literally just found out the same, now a bit lost....

Really wanted my own shower and bathroom.

Where is everyone else applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gecko1995)
    Literally just found out the same, now a bit lost....

Really wanted my own shower and bathroom.

Where is everyone else applying to?
    First I want to reassure you about Geddes, don't worry!

I had the same worry when I applied for Geddes but honestly, don't worry! There may be two showers in the same room but nobody ever showers together and, yes, there may be 17+ of you but trust me when I tell you that there is very little chance of having to wait, mainly because everyone's Uni timetable is slightly different meaning everyone will be getting up at different times so please DON'T WORRY about the shower sharing (same thing goes for the toilets).

I would say to keep all your toiletries and shampoo stuff etc in your room because people WILL help themselves without asking.

Another good thing to think about is that Geddes is the cheapest out of the lot (rent is only £272/month, or at least it was for me)

Make sure you meet your floor mates on day one (kitchen usually is the main hub), get to know them and everything will go smoothly!

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy 1st Year!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.