Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Communication in a possible LDR Watch

So I met a girl about a month before uni ended and we were pretty much seeing each other, the problem is it was my final year and have now left uni. We did discuss maybe continuing it long distance as were both pretty in to each other but wanted to give it a little bit of time before jumping straight into it.

What is the normal amount of communication to have when in this type of situation? If it were up to me id be talking to her all the time, but I think shes starting to get tired of me texting, while I was still in the area we woild talk everyday all the time, but at the moment were barelly at all

ReputationRep:
    I had the opposite situation, I started seeing this guy last summer and things were going so great that when he went off to uni (he started the year before me) we decided to still see each other. We're still together, and our communication was great we'd skype a couple of times a week and text each other between lectures etc. and would see each other as often as we could. The thing about being in a LDR is communication and trust is everything, if you feel that there are communication issues you should probably address that as soon as possible rather than let it simmer. My advice to you is to talk to her about it, that's the key to everything

(Original post by Skelet0n_key)
    I had the opposite situation, I started seeing this guy last summer and things were going so great that when he went off to uni (he started the year before me) we decided to still see each other. We're still together, and our communication was great we'd skype a couple of times a week and text each other between lectures etc. and would see each other as often as we could. The thing about being in a LDR is communication and trust is everything, if you feel that there are communication issues you should probably address that as soon as possible rather than let it simmer. My advice to you is to talk to her about it, that's the key to everything
    The thing is I did notice the communication issue and asked her if it bothered her that I kept texting, she said that it didnt bother her as such but that it felt like I was always wanting a reply... tbh im not sure what exactly that even means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The thing is I did notice the communication issue and asked her if it bothered her that I kept texting, she said that it didnt bother her as such but that it felt like I was always wanting a reply... tbh im not sure what exactly that even means
    Perhaps you should ask her what she means by that? Because obviously the purpose of texting someone is to expect a reply. Have you tried other methods like calling and skyping? Ask her what she would like, what is her idea of ideal communication?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.