Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Destiny: Ghost Edition Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else taken the plunge and pre-ordered the Ghost Edition of the upcoming 'shared-world' shooter Destiny?

Anyone else planning to play beta out next week (17th)?

ReputationRep:
    That edition is ridiculously expensive. Not spending that on any game. The Limited Edition is expensive enough. I have the regular version pre-ordered and I will play the beta. I played a bit of the alpha and it was fun. Needs a bit more variety, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    That edition is ridiculously expensive. Not spending that on any game. The Limited Edition is expensive enough. I have the regular version pre-ordered and I will play the beta. I played a bit of the alpha and it was fun. Needs a bit more variety, though.
    I figure I'll play it as much (if not more) than Skyrim anyway, so the £149.99 will be worth it in the end.

I'm crossing my fingers there is more to the Ghost 'model' as there have been whispers of something else it can do. I'm hoping it's bluetooth compatibility so it can be used as a speaker for your in-game Ghost companion, although I may just be wishing a little too much there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing the beta on the 23rd (yup, Xbox) as I got a free beta code!

Depending on how the game is, I might get it on the Xbox 360 as I am not going to buy a next-gen console for a long time. I'm just hoping for a PC version of Destiny, that would be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, Destiny looks really good and I may purchase it. I do kind of wish it was being released on the Wii U though as if the PS3/360 can play it then the Wii U can definitely play it as well as if not better the the PS3/360 versions. I would never ever pay £150 for a game though, that Ghost model would have to float and kick out some serious Dinklage quotes before I'd even consider it.

ReputationRep:
    It sucks that it's not coming out on PC yet (there's been talk of a slight possibility), but if I had the money (and a PS4), I'd be snapping up Destiny. The edition, it depends on how I'd feel. But I'd most likely wait until the possibility of it coming to PC. I'm sure that if it can run well on a console, it can run beautifully on a medium-high standard PC.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.