Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Transferring uni- please help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I'm an undergraduate student at The University of Leeds and was meant to graduate this year, but due to personal circumstances this wasn't viable. I failed the second year initially but most of the exams/assignment I didn't actually sit.
    I was granted my 2nd year on first attempt because of these circumstances but this year I took temporary leave and did not finish the year. So basically I'm two years behind.

My first year marks are pretty good, varying from high 2:2s, to firsts.

My student support officer mentioned how transfers are pretty easy, and from this end it would be a case of sending transcripts/getting in touch with Student Finance. But over the past few days I've read it is contingent upon grades and how there can be a deadline too. I know emailing/ringing them is the best course of action but before that I wanted to know if I was being realistic.

Considering how I fell behind (albeit because of personal issues), would the university be willing to accept? Or are they taking a risk by taking me on? Of course my tutor would inform them that I'm stable now and it is indeed a new start for me. And im not sure what to leave out in the initial email? Should I mention my circumstances or would my tutor be doing that?

Sorry if it was a ramble! Any thoughts/experience on the matter would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.