The Student Room Group

Gap year then PGCE?

So I definitely want to do a primary PGCE in the next couple of years. I will graduate in 2015 and as I study with the OU it will have taken me 4 years to get my degree, I think in someways I just need a break from studying.
I have been volunteering in the learning team of a museum for a year, have a placement in a primary school lined up for September and will also start my new job at an after school club in September. I think I would like to apply for Camp America next summer, then hopefully get a job as a TA for a year whilst I apply for a PGCE, I would then be 24 when I graduate the PGCE if all goes to plan.
Is it too old? It's not like I wouldn't be working or anything. Also I am more than likely to only get a 2.ii for my degree so would more experience hopefully counteract that? Help!!!

Or I could just apply for Camp America and have a 'gap summer' before PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Definitely wouldn't be too old at 24. Most unis would be okay with a 2:2 but better to check with whoever you wanna apply at :smile:
Don't worry about age - I took a gap year before I went to university, then took two years to finish my final year (which I completed last month). I'm trying to get onto a PGCE starting in September, but if not, I'll be applying next year, and will be 24 when I start.

Best of luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending