The Student Room Group

Being friends with girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymousmouse
Are you sure you want to live with those girls? Seems like they'll be causing drama for you.
I really like two of them, but I just worry about getting lost in the crowd as it were.
Original post by Anythingoo1
I was friends with a girl once it was terrible
:lol:
Original post by Yay😊
Guys can be friends with girls, I am. Friends with guys as well ,as girls, but I think it depends on the girls, i try to include everyone but if they don't and u r trying then it takes two people for the friendship between them to work, and if they r not bothered then it probably won't work out. I don't think it's you that is the problem as long as u try to include yourself, if they are not responding then there's nothing you can do about it, sorry. Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess I'll have to see. Thanks. :five:
Original post by Anonymous
What up TSR, hope you're all awesome. Now I'm quite a 'gender neutral' person (no, not LITERALLY before you ask). I'm a bloke, but I'm not remotely a 'lad, and I'm not girly 'gay best friend' material either. I just like what I like, and don't subscribe to gender stereotypes. Now I'm happy with that and that's fine, but it does bring up issues. I've managed to have roughly 50:50 of my friends over the years being boys and girls, but the issues I have is because of being 'gender neutral' as it were is that I feel alienated by both. I feel excluded by girls for not being a girl (obviously) and feel unwanted by guys because I'm not cool enough for them (in their eyes anyway). I bring all this up, because I'm living with 3 girls next year. One of them has completely gone off me for absolutely no reason (why do students do this? - the eternal mystery) and will only talk to the other two girls. I was at one of the girls birthday, and it was SUPER awkward because I felt all pushed out because I was a guy. Girls just seem to have a natural way of clicking, and makes me feel like I'll never be able to fit into the group. And now of course, I'm really worried of my house next year being as awkward as the birthday. My question to guys out there is: do you have this experience, especially consistently? And to girls, why does this happen, and is there anything I can do to integrate myself into the group a bit more? I just don't want to feel pushed out of my own house next year. Sorry for the long rant, also I'm not trying to slag off girls or anything, 2 of them in the group I really really like, that's half the reason I'm trying to make it work. Love ya all, Mysterious phantom TSR user....muhaahaha

I'm a girl.
I went to an all girls school so it makes it really hard for me to communicate with guys in sixth form (this september).
I went to a summer school this week and I had so much confidence in speaking with guys once I got to know them.
In my opinion, if a guy is a cute or I have a certain 'oh he's hot' attraction, I cannot talk to him whatsoever simply because I feel like I'm not cool enough.
I'm the type of person who can't really make conversation but rather join.
I think you should just be yourself.
Trust me, there are so many girls out there who aren't like what you described.
Original post by Bloom77
I'm a girl. I went to an all girls school so it makes it really hard for me to communicate with guys in sixth form (this september). I went to a summer school this week and I had so much confidence in speaking with guys once I got to know them. In my opinion, if a guy is a cute or I have a certain 'oh he's hot' attraction, I cannot talk to him whatsoever simply because I feel like I'm not cool enough. I'm the type of person who can't really make conversation but rather join. I think you should just be yourself. Trust me, there are so many girls out there who aren't like what you described.
Aw, thank you! :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending