The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why did Giroud replace Alexis. This means that Ozil is staying on the wing
Original post by Pete_91
He's playing on the LW...

I'd like to see Henderson play on the wing and be as effective, it's the complete wrong position for him. Same case with Ozil.

he'd do a damn better job than Ozil.
he wouldn't even be that bad - we sometimes play him on the right of a midfield 3 (not exactly on the wing though).

as for subs i would've taken off wilshere, put ozil behind giroud and moved sanchez to the wing
but wenger knows best
Original post by Pete_91
Why has he taken Sanchez off. ****ing written the game off again.

Because he had 0 shots on goal. Giroud 1 already.
Giroud omfg why
Go back to the bench Giroud!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know you've been poor going forward when Giroud is brought on to make you more dangerous....
Original post by Basiji
I honestly don't think people realise how many goals this google eyed prick Ozil has cost us. Definitely remember the 2 goals last season against Man City away were directly his fault. Liverpool away as well. Probably missed a few more. And now this. Guy is such a liability defensively. And the fact that he has this Berbatov-like I don't give a **** attitude pisses me off even more!!!

Not excusing the City/Liverpool games but he's playing on the LW and isn't a player that tracks back at all.
Original post by qwerty_mad
Go back to the bench Giroud!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's done more than what Sanchez done offensively in his first minute...
Reply 5008
Giroud on for Sanchez...

This 4-1-4-1 isn't going to work in the big games. We're always going to end up playing 2 central players out wide which tends to go so well for us

Tbh I think we could of salvaged a point if it was 1-0. that 2nd goal shouldn't have counted at all, Merte was clearly fouled and then a clear off side. None the less we're still playing **** so at the end of the day I wouldn't say we're robbed or anything.

I still have hope though
Original post by Basiji
Because he had 0 shots on goal. Giroud 1 already.

Take wilshere off, put Sanchez on the wing and Ozil in the no. 10 position...
Original post by Pete_91
Not excusing the City/Liverpool games but he's playing on the LW and isn't a player that tracks back at all.

Well he's got to adjust and add it to his game!
Original post by sr90
This sounds exactly like what Moyes did with Mata last season.

At least Moyes had a real dilemma with Rooney and RvP (and Kagawa) occuping those positions - two of the best players in the league. We're sticking Ozil out wide for ****ing Wilshere? The guy who had his last good game like two years ago against a Barcelona team full of midgets. Put Sanchez and Ox on the wide positions (i.e. players who are willing to track back), Ozil through the middle and Giroud up top. Hardly takes a genius to work out what team we need to put out against the big teams if we're sticking with 4-2-3-1 'till the death.
Reply 5012
Original post by Basiji
I honestly don't think people realise how many goals this google eyed prick Ozil has cost us. Definitely remember the 2 goals last season against Man City away were directly his fault. Liverpool away as well. Probably missed a few more. And now this. Guy is such a liability defensively. And the fact that he has this Berbatov-like I don't give a **** attitude pisses me off even more!!!

This Google eyed prick lmfao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91
Take wilshere off, put Sanchez on the wing and Ozil in the no. 10 position...

And who up front? Are you suggesting we play Ozil as a false 9?
Original post by Fizzel

Beautiful sig btw, the top one is just awesome. He's one of my all time favs. Got a Mayweather pull counter I keep meaning to put in mine.

The GOAT for me.

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
DIM.

but naismith doe...

Naismith didn't actually do anything, except score from an offside position. It was Lukaku that made them all look stupid, among other players throughout the first half.

Original post by Deshi
Chambers is naturally a CB iirc

Is he? Either way he's been playing at RB for a long time recently, plus, he's 19 years old. Not surprising that he's liable to make big mistakes.
Original post by Basiji
And who up front? Are you suggesting we play Ozil as a false 9?

Giroud...
Original post by Ggmu!
Ozil has really been coming through with his assist game... For Everton lmfao

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's been forced out into the wing, which is just about as effective as having Santi out there. The one time he was central, he set up a chance for Sanchez.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I still have hope though

This is the lols bit
Reply 5018
Ffs just want us to go back to playing 4231 with Sanchez/Ozil/walcott on the 3 :frown:
Original post by Pete_91
Giroud...

my bad my bad, just realised you were annoyed Sanchez was taken off.

I 100% agree. Wilshere has been pure ****.

Latest