The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5240
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oi mate.

I'm sorry you can have your bae <3
Reply 5241
So, now we have Giroud out, Arteta out & we got problems in the CB position.

I pray that Wenger sees this and goes ballsout in the market
Original post by Luke_Mckeown

of course quality is relevant, but fundamentally it's the result that matters.
however people would still troll the liverpool thread if we lose to city; a team clearly superior in quality to our own playing in their home "fortress".

i understand what you mean, but i don't think there is quite as big a difference between soton and everton than people think there is.
i think people have underestimated southampton and overestimated everton (a little) this season.
soton may have lost a lot of players, but their signings have been pretty decent and have gelled fairly well as you could see in the game at anfield.
everton had an extraordinary season last year, barkley was on fire at times and it resulted in a great points tally.
they don't look bad but i would be very surprised if they repeated it this year to the same extent.

new leaf man, i swear!
it's just too easy to bait arsenal fans after a poor performance, you know this.

Even if Soton and Everton are equal (they're not), the difference between being home and away can easily account for 2-1 rather than 2-2. When you add in the fact that Everton are better (maybe not loads, but enough that they'll finish above them this year), your result really wasn't any better than Arsenal's. Certainly nowhere near good enough to suggest a battering when you play each other (although you never know with Arsenal...)
Original post by SHOO
So, now we have Giroud out, Arteta out & we got problems in the CB position.

I pray that Wenger sees this and goes ballsout in the market

You can have Welbz for £30m. He'd be good for Arsenal.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Deep breaths Prod, deep breaths

I'm acc mad, no credit just cos he's 'Monreal' if that was Hummels or something everyone would be ****ing themselves over it.

Original post by AR_95
I'm sorry you can have your bae <3

Glad we've cleared that up.
Reply 5245
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Ummmmmmmmmm yeah thanks for the offer but we'll pass x
Reply 5246
I'm acc mad, no credit just cos he's 'Monreal' if that was Hummels or something everyone would be ****ing themselves over it.

Glad we've cleared that up.

When you have your kids will you raise them as Man united supporters or Arsenal supporters? Will you let them be mixed race (supporting both) or will you beat MU till he accepts that your children must be Arsenal fans 100% to the bone?
Reply 5247
So one injury per game is it? :facepalm2:
Original post by manchesterunited15
Even if Soton and Everton are equal (they're not), the difference between being home and away can easily account for 2-1 rather than 2-2. When you add in the fact that Everton are better (maybe not loads, but enough that they'll finish above them this year), your result really wasn't any better than Arsenal's. Certainly nowhere near good enough to suggest a battering when you play each other (although you never know with Arsenal...)

i agree everton are better, but as i said, not by as much as people believe.
everton vs soton should be an interesting match this season.
inb4 everton win 6-0...

oh yes of course it can; location of a game can make a significant difference.
i think it was more the notion of just how easily everton were breaking arsenal apart.
we're much better at creation and much more clinical than everton; if it were us in place of them there's no reason to suggest it wouldn't have been another 4-0 HT.
however a different match against a different opponent will of course create different sequences of occurance.

i don't deny arsenal certainly have the attacking capabilities to score against us and create a great game, but their defence (particularly monreal) really were ridiculous at times, primarily in the first half of course.
Reply 5249
You anti-Monreal chicken squad, how'd you feel now huh? Huh? Yes he isn't the best but he made that equaliser happen, he gave us 0.5, Giroud gave us the other 0.5 to give us a damn point. Other players in his position at the the time would have let that ball go out of play for a time wasting goal kick, slumped their shoulders and finger pointed Ramsey for a **** cross. He was determined to make something out of it, he chased the ball and delivered a wonderful assist. What you saying now? Give the lad some credit. Kmt.

Rant over :/

Monreal is decent going forward but he's still a liability defensively. I remember he got schooled FIFA style today at some points during the game :lol:
You anti-Monreal chicken squad, how'd you feel now huh? Huh? Yes he isn't the best but he made that equaliser happen, he gave us 0.5, Giroud gave us the other 0.5 to give us a damn point. Other players in his position at the the time would have let that ball go out of play for a time wasting goal kick, slumped their shoulders and finger pointed Ramsey for a **** cross. He was determined to make something out of it, he chased the ball and delivered a wonderful assist. What you saying now? Give the lad some credit. Kmt.

Rant over :/

One good cross does not a footballer make. Monreal is still a rubbish Peter Crouch look-a-like who gets dominated by anyone who runs at him.

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
come on man, don't talk about referees.
you sound like me crying about the sterling offside from last season.

of course quality is relevant, but fundamentally it's the result that matters.
however people would still troll the liverpool thread if we lose to city; a team clearly superior in quality to our own playing in their home "fortress".

i understand what you mean, but i don't think there is quite as big a difference between soton and everton than people think there is.
i think people have underestimated southampton and overestimated everton (a little) this season.
soton may have lost a lot of players, but their signings have been pretty decent and have gelled fairly well as you could see in the game at anfield.
everton had an extraordinary season last year, barkley was on fire at times and it resulted in a great points tally.
they don't look bad but i would be very surprised if they repeated it this year to the same extent.

new leaf man, i swear!
it's just too easy to bait arsenal fans after a poor performance, you know this.

How hard is it to understand. Liverpool winning 2-1 at Anfield is not as hard a game as Arsenal drawing 2-2 at Goodison. The home advantage should not be ignored.

£15m and it's a deal, he can be like a less-good Walcott who is actually match fit some of the time :yy:
Tough away games, Arsenal need to think about playing 4-4-1-1. Giroud up top, Sanchez off of him, Ramsey in midfield with three workhorses (Flamini, Rosicky/Walcott, Chamberlain). Honestly think that's your best option with the players you have available. Alexis isn't a centre forward, not in this league anyway.
Original post by Arkasia

£15m and it's a deal, he can be like a less-good Walcott who is actually match fit some of the time :yy:

I think he's like Sanogo but better in almost every way. He's also the right sort of striker to play with Ozil. Pace to run on to Ozil's balls, good link-up play that'll bring the wingers and midfield runners into play. Sanogo has the pace and Giroud has the link-up play, Welbeck has both.
Original post by Arkasia
One good cross does not a footballer make. Monreal is still a rubbish Peter Crouch look-a-like who gets dominated by anyone who runs at him

I didn't say that was the case. Credit where it's due mate seriously. He's been alright for two games and has been involved in most if not all goals so far.

Original post by AR_95
Monreal is decent going forward but he's still a liability defensively. I remember he got schooled FIFA style today at some points during the game :lol:

That I agree with but still that's just cos of his physicality. He's like a little peter pan. Not exactly John cena is he?

Original post by AR_95
When you have your kids will you raise them as Man united supporters or Arsenal supporters? Will you let them be mixed race (supporting both) or will you beat MU till he accepts that your children must be Arsenal fans 100% to the bone?

:lol:
Tough question. I'll get back to you in say 7 and a half years?
(edited 9 years ago)
If it was Hummels we'd say the same thing. He's ****, a huge liability defensively, but he got an assist for one important goal.
I didn't say that was the case. Credit where it's due mate seriously. He's been alright for two games and has been involved in most if not all goals so far.

Fine, credit where it's due. Good pass Monreal, but you are still an utterly terrible defender who should not be playing for Arsenal.

Happy?

no thanks
I think he's like Sanogo but better in almost every way. He's also the right sort of striker to play with Ozil. Pace to run on to Ozil's balls, good link-up play that'll bring the wingers and midfield runners into play. Sanogo has the pace and Giroud has the link-up play, Welbeck has both.

He is nothing like Sanogo. If anyone, as I said, he is like Walcott and Sterling. Sanogo is a terrible player who looks like Dr Octopus when he plays. Welbeck (like Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud etc) is an extremely temperamental player who is either world class (rare) or diabolically dreadful (common). He might be good, but I would rather invest in a solid striker (someone like Diego Costa, who can be rubbish and still score virtually every game). There is a reason why Welbeck is on the way out of Utd.
Original post by Arkasia
Fine, credit where it's due. Good pass Monreal, but you are still an utterly terrible defender who should not be playing for Arsenal.

Happy?

Better than nothing :h:
Better than nothing :h:

Seriously though, do you actually like Monreal?

Latest