The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wtfh is that lad doing wit hthe potato on ssn? at arsenal.. guy holding up a potato..

Bit of a knob
Original post by leinad2012
You're talking about 3 or 4 players though, CDM, CB ST and potentially a winger

What?! No I'm not!!

The two players we needed that needed to be world class were a ST and DM. The players that left were not on crazy wages and I'd expect their replacements to be on similar, if anything less, Chambers and Ospina spring to mind more so than Debuchy. They needed to be of a similar level or possibly better.

Sanchez was not necessary. As happy as I am to have him, he wasn't what needed to be addressed, I saw a winger as more of a luxury signing. He could turn out to be a Suarez type of he could end up being a Reyes, only time will tell.

All we have done this year is replace those that have left and signed Sanchez.

We could have afforded a WC ST this and pay them a competitive wage, alone with a DM.

We will never agree on this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7542
Jason Bent...........loooooool
Original post by fallen_acorns
wtfh is that lad doing wit hthe potato on ssn? at arsenal.. guy holding up a potato..

Bit of a knob

We had a potato kid last year as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
We had a potato kid last year as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh really? why? whats it about? feel like im missing something..

Surely there must be a meaning to the potato, no one just thinks im on tele.. lets whack out the spuds..

Bit of a knob

embarrassing
Reply 7546
Ozil was announced much earlier on in the day as well
FINITO.

I've said it all day ffs but now i'm done. We're not signing anybody believe me so forget what you hear on twitter because it's not happening. Dreams sold, hopes raised, promises made. SSN EVEN TROLLED US WITH WELBECK FFS. I'm ****ing done. Forget it.
Im getting annoyed at all these sky sports people keeping saying 'Arsenal really need a striker' 'What will they do if they dont get a striker'

Way to miss the bigger picture..

A few days ago, a CB was a must for wenger, and sometihng he confirmed he would get.. whats happened to that? or are we going into the season with only 2 CBs? and 2 other players who can play that position if needed? (one is 19...)

And a midfielder? more important then a striker for me.. why is no one talking about this?

I dont want to get welbeck in, or some other player, if we are still getting destroyed in the middle and on the break...
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
embarrassing

me? feel like im missing something? whats with the potato?
Original post by AR_95
Ozil was announced much earlier on in the day as well

[video="youtube;MiFm7SeQKKc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiFm7SeQKKc[/video]

No it wasn't.
see, now that fan has a big purple dildo... makes sense..

But a potato
Original post by Peggles_*
What?! No I'm not!!

The two players we needed that needed to be world class were a ST and DM. The players that left were not on crazy wages and I'd expect their replacements to be on similar, if anything less, Chambers and Ospina spring to mind more so than Debuchy. They needed to be of a similar level or possibly better.

Sanchez was not necessary. As happy as I am to have him, he wasn't what needed to be addressed, I saw a winger as more of a luxury signing. He could turn out to be a Suarez type of he could end up being a Reyes, only time will tell.

All we have done this year is replace those that have left and signed Sanchez.

We could have afforded a WC ST this and pay them a competitive wage, alone with a DM.

We will never agree on this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree we need a DM striker wise I think I'll just about be happy with a loan deal, but welbeck on a permanent he may turn out to be another Sturridge.

Woah!!! Don't start hating on Reyes, he was my favourite player when I was 8!!
Reply 7553
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

No it wasn't.

It was being reported all day, the deal was agreed hours earlier, perhaps even the night before, however the finishing touches weren't put in place until right up to the deadline.
me? feel like im missing something? whats with the potato?

no, the lads at the emirates. i can feel a potato related death imminent in the emirates area though.
https://vine.co/v/OBUpUzprdUK

LMFAO this just happened live!
Reply 7556
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

No it wasn't.

Nah nah nah not even we were hearing about it in the morning

What you've posted is just when it was officially confirmed
Breaking news on Sky Sports: Arsenal have confirmed that Danny Welbeck has completed his £27million move to Manchester United.
wenger dug his own grave, boasting that deadline day was like a game of poker.. got all confident, and has now messed up badly.
Original post by cleveradam
Breaking news on Sky Sports: Arsenal have confirmed that Danny Welbeck has completed his £27million move to Manchester United.

I wonder how many arsenal fans would actually take this.. I think a few would, even though its so high, just because of the desperation

Latest