The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
So AC Milan want campbell in exchange for Ballotelli

I'd do it lol Campbell is by far from irreplaceable

:lolwut:

gotta be a joke...
i assume you'd at least give them a lot cash too?
Reply 1621
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
:lolwut:

gotta be a joke...
i assume you'd at least give them a lot cash too?

Think they said they want Campbell + 8m though **** knows

After the world cup performances it should be Ballotelli + 8m :cool:
fxck off why is drogba back in the premier league

that's 6 points already gone for us then. Drogba at 50 could still cause us problems

h8 him
you just need somebody who can literally put the ball in the net, that's all.

with your midfield i expect your creation to be ridiculous; if you can find a clinical finisher you'll be fine.
giroud is not that guy, balotelli actually could be.

That's the opposite of what the team needs? We rely on our strikers link up play heavily. Since when has our midfield created loads of chances as well I must be missing it.
Original post by Thugnificent.

that's 6 points already gone for us then. Drogba at 50 could still cause us problems

h8 him

I really do feel for Lukaku, he was meant to be the next Drogba then they resign Drog 3 years later. It's a joke really

If he was smart he'd push for a move where's he's main man. Moving to Chelsea has literally done nothing for his career
Original post by sevchenko
I really do feel for Lukaku, he was meant to be the next Drogba then they resign Drog 3 years later. It's a joke really

If he was smart he'd push for a move where's he's main man. Moving to Chelsea has literally done nothing for his career

tbh brah I feel Lukaku is a tad overated, he is playing at his level; Everton.

Not a top club player
Original post by AR_95
Think they said they want Campbell + 8m though **** knows

After the world cup performances it should be Ballotelli + 8m :cool:

that aint bad though.
campbell was good in the WC but balotelli has a fair bit more experience, not to mention that you know he has proper ability, campbell may just be a good bit of form right now (unlikely but possible).

h8 him

dead
you deserve rep just for that bit.
prsom though apparently... :/

Original post by baconbutty
That's the opposite of what the team needs? We rely on our strikers link up play heavily. Since when has our midfield created loads of chances as well I must be missing it.

nah i mean with sanchez in the squad and looking at your fully fit choice of midfield players, your ability to create will be amazing.

olay then even so, balotelli could finish the chances you create but he's also strong enough to hold the ball and link up too
he may be a little baby but he can perform.
that aint bad though.
campbell was good in the WC but balotelli has a fair bit more experience, not to mention that you know he has proper ability, campbell may just be a good bit of form right now (unlikely but possible).

dead
you deserve rep just for that bit.
prsom though apparently... :/

nah i mean with sanchez in the squad and looking at your fully fit choice of midfield players, your ability to create will be amazing.

olay then even so, balotelli could finish the chances you create but he's also strong enough to hold the ball and link up too
he may be a little baby but he can perform.

If only football was that simple we don't need just a decent finisher even with sanchez do any teams play with that sort of player?

Balotelli is vastly overrated and not worth the hassle
tbh brah I feel Lukaku is a tad overated, he is playing at his level; Everton.

Not a top club player

Same was said about Sturridge at Bolton tbh. I'd take Lukaku in a heartbeat. He'd be an upgrade on Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baconbutty
If only football was that simple we don't need just a decent finisher even with sanchez do any teams play with that sort of player?

Balotelli is vastly overrated and not worth the hassle

why do you constantly underrate your team?
arsenal showed last season they could step it up - their undoing was their fixture list and unfortunate injuries.
can't defend the thrashings tbf though.

i can see why people were rising against you - you seem to have the opposite mentality that a "fan" should have.
Madrid journalist on twitter:

"Khedira le ha pedido 9 millones de euros al Arsenal. Si no acepta, terminará su contrato y se marchará libre en 2015 con prima de fichaje."

Khedira wants €9M per year from Arsenal, if the club refuses he will stay in Madrid and will leave for free next summer.
why do you constantly underrate your team?
arsenal showed last season they could step it up - their undoing was their fixture list and unfortunate injuries.
can't defend the thrashings tbf though.

i can see why people were rising against you - you seem to have the opposite mentality that a "fan" should have.

Arguably the worst response I've ever seen what does my views on the teams quality have to do with the type of striker arsenal need for our system
Don't worry Arsenal fans you can only win 1 trophy every 8 years.

Forever in the shadow of Chelsea.

P.S Drogba is back and he's coming for Arsenal again.
Few hours ago there were rumors floating around that Chambers had his medical for Arsenal on Saints FC forums (he wasn't in their squad for the friendly either). Now a few media outlets are reporting it (not that he's had a medical but us being interested). Jenkinson has also been linked with a move away to West Ham. I think we are actually considering getting rid of him, perhaps on loan or with a buy-back option.
(edited 9 years ago)
Chambers would be a very astute signing, typical Wenger really. Would make it very difficult for Jenks though, he really needs to go on loan, still way too raw whenever he plays. I would rate Bellerin above him atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by little_tom
Few hours ago there were rumors floating around that Chambers had his medical for Arsenal on Saints FC forums (he wasn't in their squad for the friendly either). Now a few media outlets are reporting it (not that he's had a medical but us being interested). Jenkinson has also been linked with a move away to West Ham. I think we are actually considering getting rid of him, perhaps on loan or with a buy-back option.

i've heard this too, any reliable sources reporting? ive seen fees of 7m-12m being reported, don't see why its necessary though since we have bellerin to come through. Gonna miss the corporal, don't want him to leave.
Also some rumours that Wenger plans on converting him to a CB as backup to Mert/Kos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
i've heard this too, any reliable sources reporting? ive seen fees of 7m-12m being reported, don't see why its necessary though since we have bellerin to come through. Gonna miss the corporal, don't want him to leave.

Sky Sports' Graeme Bailey, Guardian and Mirror reporting it. Can Chambers player CB aswell as RB?
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

Matt Law has an okay-ish track-record with Arsenal news:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10992125/Arsenal-step-up-efforts-to-sign-Southampton-defender-Calum-Chambers.html

but its more the case of everything adding up, as we have been linked with Peruzzi among other RBs. so we are clearly looking to replace Jenkinson

Latest