The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Which one are you talking about? The game at the Emirates which finished 0-0 or the game at the bridge which finished 6-0 considering he didn't take his chance in either game.

6-0. We'd probably still have lost but it would have been a whole different game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
6-0. We'd probably still have lost but it would have been a whole different game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, 6-1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1942

Thank you! lol
People not wanting Schneidy here anyway cos of his attitude towards Southampton. Fair point.
Reply 1944
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
People not wanting Schneidy here anyway cos of his attitude towards Southampton. Fair point.

It's quite disgusting lol. 6 years of service and now he's throwing his toys out of the pram. Glad we didn't get him he'd of probably snaked us too one day
Original post by AR_95
It's quite disgusting lol. 6 years of service and now he's throwing his toys out of the pram. Glad we didn't get him he'd of probably snaked us too one day

But how could he tweet his discontent then go hand in a transfer request too? He's clearly got an air of arrogance about him. If he does come to us then hey I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'd rather see us get someone else before ,like you said, he snakes us too one day! Feel it for the directors at Southampton, it's a lose lose situation with Schneiderlin, if he stays which looks unlikely (he's off to spurs?) he probably might not play to his best and if he leaves can they get a proper replacement of his abilities? I just hope Jay Rodriguez stays for the sake of the fans.
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by AR_95

He has helped them get to the Premier League and probably doesn't feel he owes the club anything. It must be frustrating to see his teammates going on to bigger and better things, yet the club is trying to make him stay.

Put it this way: if you had been with the same company for 6 years and they paid you £20k a year, would loyalty enter your thinking if a competitor came along and offered you £40k a year to do the same job? I know who I'd choose to work for.
Original post by pane123
He has helped them get to the Premier League and probably doesn't feel he owes the club anything. It must be frustrating to see his teammates going on to bigger and better things, yet the club is trying to make him stay.

Put it this way: if you had been with the same company for 6 years and they paid you £20k a year, would loyalty enter your thinking if a competitor came along and offered you £40k a year to do the same job? I know who I'd choose to work for.

Very true and certainly understandable but well yeah there's a certain way to do things.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well yeah but there's a certain way to do things you get me.

There's a certain way for clubs to do things, too; telling the media that a player isn't leaving isn't that way. Maybe he is throwing his toys out of his pram but I don't think we can jump to that conclusion or, indeed, any conclusions about his attitude, based only on this transfer saga.
Original post by pane123
There's a certain way for clubs to do things, too; telling the media that a player isn't leaving isn't that way. Maybe he is throwing his toys out of his pram but I don't think we can jump to that conclusion or, indeed, any conclusions about his attitude, based only on this transfer saga.

Lol damnit you quoted prior to my editing :colonhash:

Anyway, there wasn't much he could do though, he was trying to reassure the fans that the summer exodus won't include schneid and Rodriguez however he should have had a discussion prior with the players before doing that. I still don't agree with lashing out at your club via social media no matter what the situation. Handing in a transfer request conveys the message clear enough.
Lol damnit you quoted prior to my editing :colonhash:

Anyway, there wasn't much he could do though, he was trying to reassure the fans that the summer exodus won't include schneid and Rodriguez however he should have had a discussion prior with the players before doing that. I still don't agree with lashing out at your club via social media no matter what the situation. Handing in a transfer request conveys the message clear enough.

In fairness Southampton should have put their foot down with Shaw and Chambers they've barely been in the first 11 for a year. Schneiderlin has been there since Southampton League one days. He's given loyal service deserves a move.

Although his "I'll never force a move, I want a good deal for all parties" rhetoric kinda backfired on him though
(edited 9 years ago)

We ain't thrashed a team for a while so that game felt good. :colonhash: Lol'ed at the people thinking Chelsea would go for the draw that game.

Still the Wigan thrashing and the Aston Villa thrashing was better. Nothing better than winning a game 8-0. It feels different to the 5-0 type spankings. The clean sheet is more important though.

When was the last time Arsenal spanked somebody(i.e. over 5-0) I think there was the Blackburn game but I don't remember any other in recent memory.
Tbh I agree with Schneiderlins actions and i would do the same. If you've been at a club for 6 years and helped the club get to the premier league and it's clear you now have the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things yet they stop you. That's poor imo. So what if these dick, dom and Harry's have left, you don't go out publicly saying he can't leave no matter how many people have already left the club. They let all these other players get their dream moves but wanna halt when one of their longest serving players wants to move on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko
In fairness Southampton should have put their foot down with Shaw and Chambers they've barely been in the first 11 for a year. Schneiderlin has been there since Southampton League one days. He's given loyal service deserves a move.

Although his "I'll never force a move, I want a good deal for all parties" rhetoric kinda backfired on him though

Aw that's sad really, when did he say this lol?
Reply 1954
Original post by jam278
We ain't thrashed a team for a while so that game felt good. :colonhash: Lol'ed at the people thinking Chelsea would go for the draw that game.

Still the Wigan thrashing and the Aston Villa thrashing was better. Nothing better than winning a game 8-0. It feels different to the 5-0 type spankings. The clean sheet is more important though.

When was the last time Arsenal spanked somebody(i.e. over 5-0) I think there was the Blackburn game but I don't remember any other in recent memory.

Nah we havnt. Not since the 6-1 win over Southampton in the 12-13 season.. I can't remember any other after that :/

This is why I say that we need someone else with or in place if Giroud.. As good as he is.. He's not lethal enough to punish a team.
Reply 1955
On another note, as sexy as Chambers looks (no homo), does this mean Verm is pretty much leaving?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406735244.655875.jpg

Why the number 5 :/
Wenger aesthetics crew.

Aw that's sad really, when did he say this lol?

"We know that top teams are watching us. As long as we don’t receive a concrete offer and as long as the club says that they won’t sell us… I will never force a transfer. I think that no player is bigger than the club. If a player wants to leave, the club will get good money for it. It should be a win-win situation"

Source: From a pretty extensive interview for a French football magazine done in April 2014 http://www.hat-trick.fr/morgan-schneiderlin-im-a-shadow-worker/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford
Wenger aesthetics crew.

10/10

Original post by SHOO
On another note, as sexy as Chambers looks (no homo), does this mean Verm is pretty much leaving?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1406735244.655875.jpg

Why the number 5 :/

I'm acc in love with Chambers, I don't know what's happening to me.

He wore the number 5 yesterday cos his training kit wasn't available yet so he wore TV's one, (allegedly)
If you go on the AFC twitter account you can see he's wearing his own number 21 training kit today.

He's reportedly favouring a move to Sp*rs because he will be guaranteed a spot in the starting XI rather than having to work for it at AFC.

I'd much rather add an extra £10m and go after Carvalho, two years younger and a much higher potential.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest