Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much money will you have at your disposal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wanna compare, this seems like the right category. Anyways, I'll be getting 3200 from loan and 2000 from parents. Hbu?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how much money i have

ReputationRep:
    -£276

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitashami)
    2000 from parents. Hbu?
    Generous parents.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanna compare, this seems like the right category. Anyways, I'll be getting 3200 from loan and 2000 from parents. Hbu?
    Are you living in accommodation or at home?

ReputationRep:
    Living at home ?

I'll have full loan with a bit of that being grant - so a few hundred I'll not have to potentially pay back, I'll be careful not to spend it all at once.

Uni college match funds any grant element so a couple more hundred there.

I've a full time job for this month and next month, so prob another £1000 and maybe up to £1500 left out of that come end September.

ReputationRep:
    I only look at how much I have when I want something big otherwise hardly know how much is about.

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 1400 pm if I get this certain job. Otherwise about 300 pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. living on campus. Might have to ask parents for extra 2 grand now that I think of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's a huge difference. Must be full time job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, since my loan is low, my parents have the income to support me so I think it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    about 3000 from the govt and 2000 annuity and then 1200 from summer jobs

ReputationRep:
    You didn't quote anyone. Who are your replies for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get a boat load of student loan (prepared for incoming hatred) totalling over 11k a year. I don't live on campus, myself and my husband have a house, (7k a year rent) and bills on top. So i will possibly break even, and live on my husbands wage.

If anyone wants a full breakdown id be happy to provide it, maybe some people aren't getting all their entitled too? Also please look into local bursaries and grants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippa1992)
    I get a boat load of student loan (prepared for incoming hatred) totalling over 11k a year. I don't live on campus, myself and my husband have a house, (7k a year rent) and bills on top. So i will possibly break even, and live on my husbands wage.

If anyone wants a full breakdown id be happy to provide it, maybe some people aren't getting all their entitled too? Also please look into local bursaries and grants!
    Is your husband earning a fairly high amount? Because if so, I don't know how you're getting 11k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    You didn't quote anyone. Who are your replies for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I didn't know that's how it's worked. That smile was to the first comment... which also had a smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippa1992)

Yeah, I'll make sure to look into grants and bursaries. Initially i was only coming in with around 5 grand.

ReputationRep:
    £7249 from the government (Loan+Bursary, I get the max amount)

About £3000 - £4000 saved up from working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooh-la-laa)
    Living at home ?

I'll have full loan with a bit of that being grant - so a few hundred I'll not have to potentially pay back, I'll be careful not to spend it all at once.

Uni college match funds any grant element so a couple more hundred there.

I've a full time job for this month and next month, so prob another £1000 and maybe up to £1500 left out of that come end September.
    No. living on campus. Might have to ask parents for extra 2 grand now that I think of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.