The Student Room Group

software developer

what languages do i need to know to become a software developer thanks and are they for website making or something else
Original post by K3lvin
what languages do i need to know to become a software developer thanks and are they for website making or something else

All depends where you want to work as different areas use different languages. Financial most Java at this point, Games C/C++ or a variant with a games engine, mobile apps for android Java, iPhone Objective-C.... the list goes on really.

Here's a good site if you want to try your hand at learning some stuff though - http://www.codecademy.com/

Also it's quite difficult to get into large companies without a degree, but you can always learn, do some of your own stuff to build up a portfolio and freelance or get picked up by a smaller company and then learn more and with experience places are less likely to care about the degree.
Reply 2
Ive mastered JS basics and learnt jquery but i am now learning python and when i know the basics ill read some books etc to take coding to the next level and maybe learn java some point but i want to master python so howdo i take the basics to the next level
Just start building a really small python app. I mean a tiny app which prints "Hello World". Go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending