The Student Room Group

Economics at University?

Hi,

Recently I got the chance to attend a sample lecture on higher order thinking and the economic beauty contest ran by corpus christi college of cambridge. I found it very interesting and this got me considering taking economics at university. Bearing in mind that im going to be spending alot of money and time doing so, i just wanted to gain a better understanding of what studying economics at university is really like. I currently do it for a level and quite honestly find the basic theory very boring. Can anybody describe what the differences are between economics at a level and at degree level? What kind of topics do you study? Can you recommend any books to read which would give me an indication of economics at university? Is there anything you regret/dislike about it? How is the maths? Is there anything else i should consider and know before deciding to take economics at university?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I also find essay writing quite boring and tedious, and would say i preferred mathematical aspects of economics. Will this be an issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending