The Student Room Group

Girls, what are the worst traits a man can have in YOUR opinion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Dunno, I tend to prefer non neurotypicals for friends and relationships.

That sounds like what a psychologist might call 'being a bit ****ed up'.
Original post by Scott.
Jesus. I swear it's like people have peered into my life.

From what I've read in this thread I'd say I'm;

- Self absorbed
- Moody
- Always have to be right
- Is 5ft11 short?
- Ugly
- Shallow
- I don't think my personality is that great.
- I have a psychiatric illness.
- Sexist, only in terms of jokes though.
- I guess I lack ambition. But people don't notice, as I'm more of a minimum effort maximum result kind of person.
- Sometimes wears fake tan. Even though you wouldn't be able to notice.
- Ignorant

Now I know why I'm single.

Well damn son. Atleast you know.
Original post by TurboCretin
That sounds like what a psychologist might call 'being a bit ****ed up'.

Meh, I prefer being ****ed up. It's more fun
Reply 143
Original post by Alys-Cait
don't you think that it's disrespectful to say that what they like is stupid? What if they said that about something that you like?

Its my opinion of such a thing, if they didn't like something I did then of course it's a matter of opinions then too. Maybe calling it stupid was a tad disrespectful but I was putting my general view across.
Original post by Secretnerd123
For me:

Arrogant men (God, this such an awful trait to have)

- can't speak without using slang in every sentence (oi bruv, pengting etc.) or just being a chav in general

-lacks ambition
-Boring and with with no sense of humour (seriously, be a little interesting!)

-stingy

-Macho men who make stupid sexist and immature jokes that only those as equally immature would find funny. Also those that think disrespecting females makes them look more masculine - to me, it screams insecurity

-smoker
- pessimist
-unintelligent
-timid
-lazy
-overweight
-moan about everything
-too muscular
- unhygienic
- having long dirty finger nails (makes me gag just thinking about it)

Almost forgot to add insecure men and those with very poor dress sense!:nah:

i was going to answer this post but damn you covered everything here! On point!
Meh, I prefer being ****ed up. It's more fun

You can be interesting without being ****ed up :wink:
Original post by Limpopo
Well it seems i dont possess any of these negative qualities. Queue to the left ladies..

Well you definitely don't possess the arrogance characteristic.
-Sexist
-Homophobic
-Racist
-Ableist
-Violent guys
-Manipulative guys
-Anyone addicted to drugs or alcohol and refuses to try and stop
-Rude guys
-People who take nationalism way too far

Those are the absolute worst in my opinion. As for others that I'm not awfully keen on, I don't like clinginess or overdependence, and I'm not keen on guys who sleep around a lot, it makes me feel like I'd just be another notch on the bedpost to them
Original post by TheAnusFiles
What about guys that are nice to people unless people try to **** with them and then they go for the jugular

Really? Am I the only girl here that finds a guy eager to fight a turn on?

The only turn offs I have really are arrogance, anger issues and hypocrisy. And a guy that loves to debate every aspect in life. Oh also, if they enjoy putting others down for whatever reason, frequently starts arguments, is controlling in any sense, hates all forms of art, doesn't appreciate music past MTV charts, doesn't have a certain drive or passion no matter the subject...

Yeah, I'm not high maintenance at all. Yeah, I'm still single.
lol bitches be looking for an angel, ain't no man like that.
For me:

- can't speak without using slang in every sentence (oi bruv, pengting etc.) or just being a chav in general

-lacks ambition

-stingy

-Macho men who make stupid sexist and immature jokes that only those as equally immature would find funny. Also those that think disrespecting females makes them look more masculine - to me, it screams insecurity

-smoker
- pessimist
-unintelligent
-timid
-lazy
-overweight
-moan about everything
-too muscular
- unhygienic

cheaters beat that list by a mile

- too normal. I like my men weird.

It's quite funny to see how many girls agree with that. Certainly I've seen it IRL too and it does give me some confidence that otherwise I lack lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott.
Jesus. I swear it's like people have peered into my life.

From what I've read in this thread I'd say I'm;

- Self absorbed
- Moody
- Always have to be right
- Is 5ft11 short?
- Ugly
- Shallow
- I don't think my personality is that great.
- I have a psychiatric illness.
- Sexist, only in terms of jokes though.
- I guess I lack ambition. But people don't notice, as I'm more of a minimum effort maximum result kind of person.
- Sometimes wears fake tan. Even though you wouldn't be able to notice.
- Ignorant

Now I know why I'm single.

Aww, why would you care what they think? You'll find someone :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSA
Well you definitely don't possess the arrogance characteristic.

Haha..point taken but really if you met me, i am far from arrogant. When i read of the dilemmas that students have here i.e feeling they are unattractive,lacking in confidence, wont ever get a job,a partner ..whatever.. well that was me. There is nothing new under the sun.

But life experience toughens you, you weather the storms and come out more confident and stronger.
Original post by MatthewJoeCarr
How the hell am I single?

Probably because it's the summer holidays and you're sitting in a student forum?
Being inconsiderate.... Drives me nuts. This includes but is not limited to:

If we live together and you are going to be home late (aka an hour or more after the norm) let me know. I don't need to know where you are or who you are with. But don't let me worry that you have had an accident.

Making plans and not telling your partner. 'Ready to go?' ..er where? 'Oh we have a BBQ tonight at Xs place'. Awesome. Thanks for telling me. Let me just change out of my 'chilling at the house attire...'

Saying things to your partner without thinking it through. Brain must filter thoughts otherwise a whole lotta hurt can happen and he 'doesn't understand why'.

And a hell lot more.

In short, due to my current relationship having these issues I can see why men think woman are crazy. Guys...you make us crazy.

And arrogance. Jesus its unattractive.

And I have also learnt the 'strong and silent type' are boring. There is silence and there is siiiiiilllllleeeennnnccceee. Can't have a relationship with one person starting 99.9% of the conversations. It makes the female feel hugely unwanted and uninteresting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me:

-lacks ambition

-stingy

-smoker
- pessimist
-unintelligent
-timid
-lazy
-overweight
-moan about everything
-too muscular
- unhygienic

I'm none of those well with the exception of pessimistic, i'm a natural pessimist this comes from my anxiety issues also what do you class as unintelligent?
Holds mistakes you have made against you for too long. In fact, that is a trait that nobody should really have, I mean if you make a mistake with someone, apologise and build and bridge and move on.
Original post by Another
Really? Am I the only girl here that finds a guy eager to fight a turn on?

The only turn offs I have really are arrogance, anger issues and hypocrisy. And a guy that loves to debate every aspect in life. Oh also, if they enjoy putting others down for whatever reason, frequently starts arguments, is controlling in any sense, hates all forms of art, doesn't appreciate music past MTV charts, doesn't have a certain drive or passion no matter the subject...

Yeah, I'm not high maintenance at all. Yeah, I'm still single.

I'm not eager, I just can't help it when I get rubbed up the wrong way
Reply 159
- unintelligent. If I can't have a decent conversation with you, no
- boring. If you have no personality/nothing to talk about it don't work
- generic. Need to be different
- misogynistic
- not geeky and arty
- dresses badly
- blondes (not into them)
- stingy. Don't care about money but it's the principle
- too normal. I like my men weird.

Wait, do you like geeky arty types or not? The double negatives are confusing :confused:

How generic is generic? And I'm only badly dressed because I couldn't give a **** what I wear, T-shirt and jeans all the way!

Quick Reply

Latest