The Student Room Group

World Cup 2014 Final: Germany vs Argentina

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The WORLD CUP FINAL is here! Many predicted these two to be the finalists but who do you think will have the last laugh in Rio come this Sunday?
Germans!
Reply 22
Germany will win.
Argentina, a side with arguably the worlds best player, (aswell as having one of their top flight players being injured for the final) couldnt even score a single goal against an outfit that itself couldn't score against costa rica in 120 minutes.

Germany beat owned dismantled bodied EVISCERATED the home nation infront of their own fans, 7-1 in 30 minutes less.

Anything can happen in a final, but if I was a gambling man (I am), then I'd be sticking £100 quid on Germany to win in 90 minutes (I will)
If Di Maria plays then Argentina will win.

If not, Germany will.
I said Argentina before the tournament. They've had the easiest route possible, combined with a considerable amount of luck.

The Germans are solid though.

Too close to call. 50-50.
Argentina to win.

2-0.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Nazis!
Jose Mourinho
Argentina, but Germany will crush them.
Argentina, both have good players possibly Germans have the slight upper-hand, but I do think Argentina will win
Reply 31
I hope it's Germany. I really do not want to see Messi win the world cup. He's already extremely overrated, probably the most overrated player along with Portuguese Ronaldo, both of whom aren't really that good at football. If Germany win, perhaps the Messi hype (which has been going on forever now) will quiet down a little bit. I'd hate to see him lift the trophy, we'll never hear the end of it. I'd love for both Klose and Mueller to score goals, it would be a fitting end to the world cup and a well deserved win for Germany.
Original post by Sophsha
Argentina, but Germany will crush them.

lolol sophia.

you know messi my bae going to do it for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Argentina!!!!!
>>>><Argentina to win!!!
Whoever scores first. If tie scores, Germany to win on penalties.
Germany will have no problem dealing with Messi, Hummels will take care of him. I don't think Aguero will make much of a difference either, doesn't seem fully fit. Higuain has been disappointing apart from his goal vs Belgium and a few dribbles. Argentina's attack has been hyped up but they haven't performed at all.

Then add in the Germans having an extra day rest and a fully fit squad. If Di Maria is back that'll make things interesting though, will help them a lot with the midfield battle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Germany, putting £200 on them, don't know whether it'll go to extras or normal time /:
Original post by Stinkum
I hope it's Germany. I really do not want to see Messi win the world cup. He's already extremely overrated, probably the most overrated player along with Portuguese Ronaldo, both of whom aren't really that good at football. If Germany win, perhaps the Messi hype (which has been going on forever now) will quiet down a little bit. I'd hate to see him lift the trophy, we'll never hear the end of it. I'd love for both Klose and Mueller to score goals, it would be a fitting end to the world cup and a well deserved win for Germany.

Says the man who hasn't enjoyed watching football for 15 years. If you don't like it, why watch it?

The fact that you claim Messi and Ronaldo aren't very good at football leads me to think you probably don't watch football, in which case your opinion is worthless.

Quick Reply

Latest