Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible for Liverpool to finish 4th this season? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Top 3 are set in stone.

Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham should all be competing for that lucrative 4th spot.

I predict Everton.

Can Brenda Rodgson's Hogwarts overachieve again but this time without their talisman Suraez?

Even Alexis Sanchez didn't want to come to Anfailed, and that is a sign of the times. And with only Lambert and the injury prone Sturridge, I cannot see Liverpool having the firepower to challenge top teams like Everton and Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    Possible, yes. Likely? I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Top 3 are set in stone.

Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham should all be competing for that lucrative 4th spot.

I predict Everton.

Can Brenda Rodgson's Hogwarts overachieve again but this time without their talisman Suraez?

Even Alexis Sanchez didn't want to come to Anfailed, and that is a sign of the times. And with only Lambert and the injury prone Sturridge, I cannot see Liverpool having the firepower to challenge top teams like Everton and Spurs.
    Damn straight.

ReputationRep:
    United getting top 3 isn't set in stone.

Van Gaal or no Van Gaal, the squad is ****e. And the transfer market is still open so it's far too early to be guaranteeing United a UCL place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsz0r)
    Possible, yes. Likely? I think not.
    Such a shame, I knew last year should have been the year. And look how we messed that one up. Pathetic.

At least I am somewhat excited for Lallana. He's a good player, but the likes of Markovic, Ogiri, not worth the money.

ReputationRep:
    LOL united in top three? 😂😂😂😂😂
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Current Everton strikers:

Arouna Kone
    Steven Naismith

They'll be lucky to finish 7th next season never mind the top four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    United getting top 3 isn't set in stone.

Van Gaal or no Van Gaal, the squad is ****e. And the transfer market is still open so it's far too early to be guaranteeing United a UCL place.
    The United squad is ****e? :rolleyes:

Get out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a United fan, top 3 for us is no way guranteed. However if we sign Di Maria, Vidal and a good CB then yeah maybe we'll definately fnish top 3. But for now, we'd be lucky to finish 4th.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal competing for 4th???

With the current squad + Debuchy, Sanchez, a DM and perhaps Remy, that's a potential title winning squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    As a United fan, top 3 for us is no way guranteed. However if we sign Di Maria, Vidal and a good CB then yeah maybe we'll definately fnish top 3. But for now, we'd be lucky to finish 4th.
    If we signed those 2 and Hummels, I'd honestly expect us to challenge for the title. Not that we will sign them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say only Man City and Chelsea are heavy favourites to finish top 4 (and likely to be 1st and 2nd).

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs to fight out for 3rd and 4th. Unless Everton manage to get some more ridiculous loan signings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    Arsenal competing for 4th???

With the current squad + Debuchy, Sanchez, a DM and perhaps Remy, that's a potential title winning squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Debuchy is a worse player than Sagna.

Remy is a worse striker than Giroud.

Sanchez is the only one that will really improve the starting 11.

Arsenals best player in Ramsey will be injured half the season, along with others.

People say they will be in it every season and every May they are 15+ points off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Top 3 are set in stone.

I predict Everton.

Chelsea and Man City will be in the top 3.

Why do you assume Man U is going to be immediately a contender? - they have a chance but van Gaal is missing a bit of pre-season, it's his first time in the prem and needs to adjust which will mean poorer results at the beginning (usually) and they're recovering from a very poor finish.

If your a Liverpool supporter then why do you think it'll be Everton? Liverpool are a better team than Everton (w/ Suarez) and they finished below us last season playing their best football for a while. Arsenal finished above them (just) and they played awful. I expect Liverpool and Arsenal to be above Everton (but I do concede it may be close between Everton and Liverpool).

Sanchez chose Arsenal partly because of their consistency but the other reasons is that Wenger is much more well known outside of England than Rodgers and that Arsenal is located in London which is obviously more preferable to Liverpool for both Sanchez and his family. That's why a club like Spurs can attract players over better clubs.

I predict Liverpool will be 4th with Man City first, Chelsea 2nd and Arsenal 3rd. I'm hoping Man U will be 5th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    I can't imagine you getting Di Maria but apparently Evra's going to Juve to allow Vidal to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    I can't imagine you getting Di Maria but apparently Evra's going to Juve to allow Vidal to come.
    That sounds about right

ReputationRep:
    without Suarez it wont be easy at all, and certainly liverpool wont finish as high as last season. People forget they didn't play ECL last year, which helped them immensely to soley concentrate on the premiership. Also helped given they got knocked out of the FA cup and carling cup in quick succession too.

If they get good players and perform well for their standards 4th is possible, but anything higher IMO is really really unlikely. Arsenal should be making more signings and to think they made it 4th with almost all their main midfield out at one point is stagerring (if walcott and ramsey fit) they will push for 4th much more easily.

In short with a lost suarez, 4th is achieveable at best and thats with luck, good new players bought, and others failing given their capabilities.

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame, I knew last year should have been the year. And look how we messed that one up. Pathetic.

At least I am somewhat excited for Lallana. He's a good player, but the likes of Markovic, Ogiri, not worth the money.
    Origi's one for the future - apparently he'll continue playing fot Lille on loan.

Markovic and Lallana are probably at the same standard. I was disappointed in Lallana but happy with Markovic - Lallana's at his peak and will likely get worse but Markovic recently turned 20 and could become world-class. Both fit into Liverpool very well.

We're not going to replace Suarez's goals with one striker - we need Markovic, Lallana and others contribute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    Origi's one for the future - apparently he'll continue playing fot Lille on loan.

Markovic and Lallana are probably at the same standard. I was disappointed in Lallana but happy with Markovic - Lallana's at his peak and will likely get worse but Markovic recently turned 20 and could become world-class. Both fit into Liverpool very well.

We're not going to replace Suarez's goals with one striker - we need Markovic, Lallana and others contribute.
    Well maybe you are right. What do you think of Ben Davies, the Swansea left back? Apparently we're after him. Like a Welsh Luke Shaw, and only 20% of the price.

He would be a better bet than Flanagan, move him to the RB slot, and get rid of Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe you are right. What do you think of Ben Davies, the Swansea left back? Apparently we're after him. Like a Welsh Luke Shaw, and only 20% of the price.

He would be a better bet than Flanagan, move him to the RB slot, and get rid of Johnson.
    I think Jose Enrique is back so it would be better for him to take that spot. If we do buy a left back hopefully it'll be Moreno - he'll cost a lot more than he's worth but he is Europa League experience (just won it) and will probably start for Spain in a few years.

I think Johnson should continue to start as right-back but Flanagan should challenge him for that spot. Johnson has Champions League experience and a few years ago he was regarded as one of the best right-backs in the prem (especially at going forward - used to score a few). If we don't end up buying a left-back we have to buy a replacement for Johnson just in case his bad form is permanent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.