Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1st year anniversary, gift help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's mine and my boyfriends first year together soon and i've been trying to come up with gift ideas but im so stuck! i have no idea what to get him, i want it to have meaning.

Im willing to spend a decent amount on him but not anything to ridiculous as I dont have a proper job.

Like i said, i want it to have meaning and i dont really think he has any hobbies as such but i do know that he likes army type things. (I know that sounds bad aha). He's joining the army as an air craft technician and he has has a few fake replica guns and likes things such as army planes (hes already flown many due to him being an air cadet).

He also likes Eminem but is seeing him in August so theres no point in me trying to get him tickets.

i was hoping to give him a gift which he is interested in as well as a personal gift between me and him. (he gave me a frog pandora charm wearing a crown for prom which was adorable as its a little inside thing we have, which a million other couples have too but still) :P

Sorry, didnt mean to write so much but would be so greatful for some ideas! My dad collects war memorabilia so id be able to get hold of things such as bullets and stuff like that if anybody had a good or creative idea!

thanks in advance, im hopeless!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmperryxo)
    It's mine and my boyfriends first year together soon and i've been trying to come up with gift ideas but im so stuck! i have no idea what to get him, i want it to have meaning.

Im willing to spend a decent amount on him but not anything to ridiculous as I dont have a proper job.

Like i said, i want it to have meaning and i dont really think he has any hobbies as such but i do know that he likes army type things. (I know that sounds bad aha). He's joining the army as an air craft technician and he has has a few fake replica guns and likes things such as army planes (hes already flown many due to him being an air cadet).

He also likes Eminem but is seeing him in August so theres no point in me trying to get him tickets.

i was hoping to give him a gift which he is interested in as well as a personal gift between me and him. (he gave me a frog pandora charm wearing a crown for prom which was adorable as its a little inside thing we have, which a million other couples have too but still) :P

Sorry, didnt mean to write so much but would be so greatful for some ideas! My dad collects war memorabilia so id be able to get hold of things such as bullets and stuff like that if anybody had a good or creative idea!

thanks in advance, im hopeless!!
    Pintrest is a total life saver for me for gifts. Search "boyfriend gifts" or whatever and it'll give you limitless ideas and how to make them meaningful for you as a couple.

I also think 'experiences' are a cool gift to give - going out somewhere unique or different, doing something nice for a day - just planning something thoughtful.

I've always found the best gifts to give and receive are the ones that have the most meaning behind them.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to give a bullet, engrave a heart onto it.

And sing 'Shot through the heart' (but in a good way:lol:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wild Youth)
    Pintrest is a total life saver for me for gifts. Search "boyfriend gifts" or whatever and it'll give you limitless ideas and how to make them meaningful for you as a couple.

I also think 'experiences' are a cool gift to give - going out somewhere unique or different, doing something nice for a day - just planning something thoughtful.

I've always found the best gifts to give and receive are the ones that have the most meaning behind them.
    Thanks! I totally agree with meaningful gifts being the best! I was thinking about getting him a dog tag and get the date we went out and a line of his favourite song on it. I dont want it too be too pushy (with the date engraved too soon). Plus, i dont want it too be cheesy or something he'll just throw in his draw and not like. what do you think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    If you wanted to give a bullet, engrave a heart onto it.

And sing 'Shot through the heart' (but in a good way:lol:)
    haha, sounds pretty cool but i dont think he'll appreciate my singing voice! :P

ReputationRep:
    Buy him a chocolate cake covered in Yolo Yoghurt..
    Mhmmm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.