Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    Thought I'd create a post, as these really helped me last year!

I'm currently studying Primary Teacher Education at Oxford Brookes, and have just finished my first year.

So if anyone has any questions about the skills tests, interviews or course just send me a message

Becca x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Becca!
    How are you finding the course? Is it what you expected? And could you tell me what your timetable is like if you don't mind? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairyfairyfairy)
    Hi Becca!
    How are you finding the course? Is it what you expected? And could you tell me what your timetable is like if you don't mind? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!!
    Firstly I am LOVING the course! We've had a fair amount of coursework, but 99% of the year passed each assignment, so they are manageable! We had assignments in English, Maths, Science, Becoming a Researcher, Child Development and Learning, Learning to Talk - Talking to Learn and Exploring Learning.

I might sound biased, but everything has been brilliant. The course was really well introduced to us at the beginning and all of the lecturers are brilliant. I think if anything, it's BETTER than I expected! I thought it would be really formal and quite strict, but the seminars and lectures are presented in a really friendly, informal way, allowing us to discuss our ideas a lot.

Timetable wise - it is pretty full on at times, I'm not going to lie. Compared to some of my friends who were only in 1 day a week it is very different! Usually we had 1 day off a week, and some days were full, from 9-5. However, even on a full day you have an hour for lunch and half hour breaks in between each seminar, so the day is broken up quite well.
    Pretty much all of the time we didn't mind the timetable, because it was quite nice to get out of halls and meet other people in our seminar groups!

I think that because of the course, the time spent in seminars is really important, as they prepare us for when we go on placement into schools, and our course needs this contact time more than other courses that depend more on reading etc for exams

(Woo! We have no exams!!)

Hope this helped in some way!! Ask away if there are any more questions you have!!

Becca x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Anne)
    Hiya!
    Thought I'd create a post, as these really helped me last year!

I'm currently studying Primary Teacher Education at Oxford Brookes, and have just finished my first year.

So if anyone has any questions about the skills tests, interviews or course just send me a message

Becca x
    Hiya,
    I was just wondering where about you lived this year of uni, and where you are going to next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.