The Student Room Group

Feel unappreciated by my boyfriend sometimes

Sometimes I feel unappreciated by my boyfriend. We have been together for a few years now but sometimes when he has had a stressful day he will barely talk to me and won't show me any affection. He also sometimes really hurts me as sometimes I will spend ages cooking for him and I even went and spent money I didn't have (in my overdraft already) today just to buy him a beer and I was going to make a dessert to cheer him up as he had a stressful day. Anyway he turned up late in a sulk so I didn't make dessert, but I offered him a beer and I gave him the dinner I spent quite a while cooking. When I offered him the beer he declined it.

He then got mayonnaise and smothered the dinner in it which I found really offensive, and I asked why he had done it. He said it didn't taste of much. I couldn't understand as, although I cooked it, I could taste quite a lot and a lot of people love my cooking. Anyway I felt really offended by it but I kept quiet for a few minutes however I could feel the hurt building inside. So I asked him if he actually likes my cooking because he seems to smother it in mayo, and he said yes. But whenever I try to talk to him about things he says that hurts me it seems like he doesn't care sometimes as he just stares at the telly or plays on his ipad.

Anyway stuff like this seems to happen and it really bothers me. A while back he got in a sulk with me because we got refused into a bar for his friends do because I didn't have ID on me (I forgot, genuine mistake). Anyway he refused to hold my hand on the way home and I told him I sometimes wondered if he loved me as he shows me no affection. Anyway he ignored me and let me walk on my own at 1am all the way back to our flat.

I just wish he'd talk to me sometimes because I'm a talking kind of person when something upsets me but he isn't and he just shuts me out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending