The Student Room Group

Top unis for Chem eng

Hi just wondering what are the top unis for chem eng also is newcastle uni eny goood for chem eng i found it interesting that the industry year is integragated making it still 4 years

thanks
Par the obvious choices of top univerisities which you would expect to good for most of their subjects (where these ones do chem eng) i.e. : Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Manchester... other various institutions which have proven themselves over the years are in England particularly Birmingham university and two in Scotland which are Aberdeen and Heriot Watt. The difference tbh is minimal in chemical engineering amongst top institutes, regardless of what top uni you go to you will stand a chance of a good job. Having said that given their requirements and ties with industry, I believe Aberdeen and Heriot Watt are generally quite renown for this subject in the UK, similarly with petroleum engineering as well.

Like mentioned for chemical engineering, its more of what you do rather than the universities reputation in the subject. The degree and job is hot , very hot atm, so I would see what fits your specifications of course content, industrial experience possibly, location. If newcatle fits well go for it!
Reply 2
Original post by the greatest
Par the obvious choices of top univerisities which you would expect to good for most of their subjects (where these ones do chem eng) i.e. : Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Manchester... other various institutions which have proven themselves over the years are in England particularly Birmingham university and two in Scotland which are Aberdeen and Heriot Watt. The difference tbh is minimal in chemical engineering amongst top institutes, regardless of what top uni you go to you will stand a chance of a good job. Having said that given their requirements and ties with industry, I believe Aberdeen and Heriot Watt are generally quite renown for this subject in the UK, similarly with petroleum engineering as well.

Like mentioned for chemical engineering, its more of what you do rather than the universities reputation in the subject. The degree and job is hot , very hot atm, so I would see what fits your specifications of course content, industrial experience possibly, location. If newcatle fits well go for it!

I was considering birmingham aswell and been researching heriot watt which sounds really interesting and yeh thankyou for the help

Many thanks
ive heard huddersfield is really good, they have connections in the industry

Quick Reply

Latest