Strangers staring in public Watch

username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look at them like, "What is your problem?" Or ignore it

Well that's what I'd do... Depending on the situation. Maybe it's because you are tall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by karmacrunch)
Look at them like, "What is your problem?" Or ignore it

Well that's what I'd do... Depending on the situation. Maybe it's because you are tall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is too hard to ignore and I have tried giving them 'the look' but I hate intimidating people like that...

It could be my height, but I am not exactly a giant..
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EatAndRevise)
It is too hard to ignore and I have tried giving them 'the look' but I hate intimidating people like that...

Well they shouldn't be intimidating you in the first place. Literally just stand up start and walk away!

It might be, as you said you get stares from females, that they are attracted to you?

Or even better just smile and walk away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
티 마
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know how you feel. It's annoying because you don't know what they're thinking
MidnightDream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't speak for all females but I genuinely don't think I stare at people that often cos 'tis a tad freaky - however I may glance if you are hot

So maybe OP you are hot, or have something on your face but let's go with hot :ahee:

Smile at them darling it will unnerve them :teehee:
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It probably is your height, I wouldn't worry about it
Limpopo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I sometimes find people staring at me but then what's not to like? Tall, dark, handsome..own hair and teeth..its all good.
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Own it dude , people are miring . Put some shades on and be like , deal with it , act as badass as possible.

On the other hand you could just look back straight into in their eyes unblinking till they turn away, always works.
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidnightDream)
Can't speak for all females but I genuinely don't think I stare at people that often cos 'tis a tad freaky - however I may glance if you are hot

So maybe OP you are hot, or have something on your face but let's go with hot :ahee:

Smile at them darling it will unnerve them :teehee:
The former of the two does seem like the preferable choice, Although, I very much doubt it.

Smiling at them sounds like a good plan but in reality, awkward situations can arise as a result of the smiling.
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I get people staring at me. I used to find it off putting but now I'm used to it. It's because I have a unique dress sense and look different. It used to make me uncomfortable but I lm used it
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by redferry)
It probably is your height, I wouldn't worry about it
I guess that is a good thing then, haha.
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
I get people staring at me. I used to find it off putting but now I'm used to it. It's because I have a unique dress sense and look different. It used to make me uncomfortable but I lm used it
How do you not feel paranoid though?
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The former of the two does seem like the preferable choice, Although, I very much doubt it.

Smiling at them sounds like a good plan but in reality, awkward situations can arise as a result of the smiling.
I bet you're really gorge :teehee:

I know right I'm not too fond of awkward situations either :five: maybe smile then and them jog on before it gets to the awkward stage? :dontknow:
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you not feel paranoid though?
I used to but after most of the attention I got was positive, like strangers coming up and complimenting me, I sort of stopped worrying
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidnightDream)
I bet you're really gorge :teehee:

I know right I'm not too fond of awkward situations either :five: maybe smile then and them jog on before it gets to the awkward stage? :dontknow:
I might just follow an advice from another poster, he suggested that I just stare at them back, whilst not blinking. It seems like a brilliant idea.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I might just follow an advice from another poster, he suggested that I just stare at them back, whilst not blinking. It seems like a brilliant idea.
:rofl: they will be so freaked I doubt they'd never stare at anyone again, go for that one :yep:
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by Limpopo)
I sometimes find people staring at me but then what's not to like? Tall, dark, handsome..own hair and teeth..its all good.
How do you react to the attention?
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I feel like that too, maybe it's just paranoia?
username1331498
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I feel like that too, maybe it's just paranoia?
Possibly, but it just seems to extreme for paranoia (if that is possible).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (516)
26.27%
The paper was reasonable (857)
43.64%
Not feeling great about that exam (383)
19.5%
It was TERRIBLE (208)
10.59%

Watched Threads