A-Level Chemistry And Biology In One Year? Watch

Juhair Ahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I have studied A-level Mathematics, Religious Studies and Applied Business with predicted grades AAB.

I wish to undertake one year intensive Chemistry and Biology A-level and wish to take feedback of those who may are in a similar situation. I would only need a grade D? Is this definitely possible? As a side note, Mathematics A-Level wasn't much of a struggle for me at all.

Another question for those who know, i live in the West Midlands near Birmingham, i am also looking for the best rates for Practical Examination(ISA or EMPA) for my Unit 3 & 6 Chemistry & Biology. If you have any info on schools that offer this, please do let me know.

Thanks!
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Juhair Ahmed)
Hi, I have studied A-level Mathematics, Religious Studies and Applied Business with predicted grades AAB.

I wish to undertake one year intensive Chemistry and Biology A-level and wish to take feedback of those who may are in a similar situation. I would only need a grade D? Is this definitely possible? As a side note, Mathematics A-Level wasn't much of a struggle for me at all.

Another question for those who know, i live in the West Midlands near Birmingham, i am also looking for the best rates for Practical Examination(ISA or EMPA) for my Unit 3 & 6 Chemistry & Biology. If you have any info on schools that offer this, please do let me know.

Thanks!
A grade D in chemistry is definitely doable in a year, you can either do extremely well in AS then not bother at A2 or vice versa. There isn't too much to learn at AS its more of an extension of GCSE with a few new topics. A2, however, is almost completely new material, but with a bit of graft you'll pull through. I cannot vouch for biology sorry since I don't do it.
Dani California
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
AS bio is content heavy-lots to memorise, but it doesn't really require you to think. You got this.
Juhair Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dani California)
AS bio is content heavy-lots to memorise, but it doesn't really require you to think. You got this.

Hi, seems like i will now need a B grade for both subjects! On a more positive note, i am on Unit 5 Biology & Chemistry using the Nelson Thornes and CGP(2012) Study books completing the questions and exam-style questions and everything seems to be going well.

Any tips i can take to further my improvement with Biology A2? I am finding that to be of more difficulty than Chemistry.
Juhair Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Protoxylic)
A grade D in chemistry is definitely doable in a year, you can either do extremely well in AS then not bother at A2 or vice versa. There isn't too much to learn at AS its more of an extension of GCSE with a few new topics. A2, however, is almost completely new material, but with a bit of graft you'll pull through. I cannot vouch for biology sorry since I don't do it.
Hi, seems like i will now need a B grade for both subjects! On a more positive note, i am on Unit 5 Biology & Chemistry using the Nelson Thornes and CGP(2012) Study books completing the questions and exam-style questions and everything seems to be going well.

Any tips i can take to further my improvement with Chemistry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?