Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been living out during University this year and it's been my first year. I rented through Sulets, I'm not sure if they're only at the Universities in my city or elsewhere but anyways.

They've on numerous occasions ****ed us over, us being five of us. To start with, when we arrived we were told the house was cleaned, but found mould and dust everywhere, even in the Kitchen, as well as smashed glasses outside on the floor in the garden, and rubbish bags presumably left by the last tennants. They shrugged it off when we told them. We then realised the windows on the ground floor were actually easily openable from the street! So after about A MONTH sulets got a guy, who looks incredibly dodgy, to fit locks. In the process, he smashes the downstairs window and blames it on the girl living in the room. Sulets again, shrugged it off as nothing.

A few months later, the carbon monoxide alarm is going off continually, so we get scared. We ring sulets and the woman really doesn't seem to give a **** at all. We knew it probably was nothing but still, she did not seem to care. We had to ring the land lady (we're supposed to go through sulets first but they were obviously being useless as ****), who then registered us with british gas who came and checked all of our applicances to see if there was anything leaking. They found nothing than goodness. But then the daughter of the dodgy looking guy turns up after sulets had rung them up, not telling us at all just hoping someone would be in. The girl then took the carbon monoxide alarm which was not replaced for the entire occupation.

Good job sulets!

They've now got to the end of the year. I had to move out early due to health issues, but they are trying to get £20 from me and the girl in the downstairs house due to there being "dust". Since it's been 2 weeks since we handed in the keys, surely there is gonna be a bit of ****ing dust??

I've e-mailed her back saying all of this, but is there anything else I can do? Do you think they have the right to take £20 from my deposit considering all of this that I have gone through this year? I've been ill from stress due to this house and I would never under any circumstances recommend sulets to anyone. They gave us a huge lump of keys before we moved in and we litererally had to go through all of the keys and find out which ones were ours! What a ****ing joke!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.