• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Brendansmith)
    I'm studying... Illustration at Hereford
    Hello and welcome to The Student Room

I hope your studying is going well - you may want to check out these forums:
    Creative Corner and Book, literature & comics

There are also loads of other forums you can check out as well, and you may even find Hereford.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and if you need anything at all, just PM/quote me and I'll respond as quickly as possible.

mobbsy91

ReputationRep:
    SNAP!

I shall be studying Illustration at Hereford College of Arts too!

ReputationRep:
    Same! Hey guys!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Friends! 😁 anyone else excited to start?? 🎨 😝

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and no, wee bit nervous to be honest haha. You?

ReputationRep:
    What's there to be nervous about? you've already made a friend

ReputationRep:
    How comforting :P I'm nervous and excited all in one haha. I'm Lauren by the way! Where abouts you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kisamekick)
    How comforting :P I'm nervous and excited all in one haha. I'm Lauren by the way! Where abouts you from?
    I'm Amy a little town called Ebbw Vale in South Wales, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pioden31)
    I'm Amy a little town called Ebbw Vale in South Wales, you?
    North Wales.. town called Rhyl. It's got a bad reputation but I'm in the nice part of it haha. :P

ReputationRep:
    North Wales.. town called Rhyl. It's got a bad reputation but I'm in the nice part of it haha. :P
    Do you speak welsh then? are you living in halls?

ReputationRep:
    Do you speak welsh then? are you living in halls?
    I'd love to say yes but the most I know in welsh is the word blue.. and swimming :P Do you? South Wales tend to actually speak their language down there than the north haha. And no, I'm in shared housing When do you move down?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to say yes but the most I know in welsh is the word blue.. and swimming :P Do you? South Wales tend to actually speak their language down there than the north haha. And no, I'm in shared housing When do you move down?
    I'm not, I'm commuting actually, its not spoken much down here either, it's a more anglicised area because of people moving to Cardiff I think.. I'd say the more west you go, the more people speak welsh the government are trying to push learning welsh as a second language in schools etc but I find people just aren't interested. I loved learning it, I had an A* at GCSE but then didn't really carry it on and now I've forgotten a lot its a lovely language though

ReputationRep:
    I'm not, I'm commuting actually, its not spoken much down here either, it's a more anglicised area because of people moving to Cardiff I think.. I'd say the more west you go, the more people speak welsh the government are trying to push learning welsh as a second language in schools etc but I find people just aren't interested. I loved learning it, I had an A* at GCSE but then didn't really carry it on and now I've forgotten a lot its a lovely language though
    Oh right :P I wasn't really interested in it, but that was mainly due to the teacher. Compared to French it was so dull because all we did was sit in silence and write all the time. It sounds fun to speak, but I cannot for the life of me pronounce the 'ch's and 'lly's etc. etc. haha. French is much more of a popular choice where I am from which sounds bizarre considering we're in Wales, but alas the world is bizarre. :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh right :P I wasn't really interested in it, but that was mainly due to the teacher. Compared to French it was so dull because all we did was sit in silence and write all the time. It sounds fun to speak, but I cannot for the life of me pronounce the 'ch's and 'lly's etc. etc. haha. French is much more of a popular choice where I am from which sounds bizarre considering we're in Wales, but alas the world is bizarre. :P
    Tis indeed. Have you gotten through the reading list yet? And have you got everything ready to go?

ReputationRep:
    Tis indeed. Have you gotten through the reading list yet? And have you got everything ready to go?
    Gone though half of it, mainly the novels. How about you? You done the envolopes thing? And mostly, I keep procrastinating though. Instead of packing I thought I'd watch all the Lost boxsets haha.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've got some of them but haven't started reading them yet yeah I sent mine off about 2-3 weeks ago - you? Are you moving this weekend?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.