Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

About a month ago, my uncle died. I don't know what to expect by posting here, but I just feel down.

To see the fittest person you know get ill like that is just crazy, you know for someone so strong and so fit to be in that situation is just unfair.

Anyway, he was diagnosed with cancer and I only saw him once before he died, the day before he went. I had exams during this time and didn't go to his funeral. The small comfort I have is that I saw him before he went, I feel so sad though.

He did everything for his family, and despite everything he went through and what happened to him (I don't want to go into all this) he never complained - at least not of what I heard ever.

To see someone so helpless, made me so upset. I feel sick and so sad.

He sent me a birthday message on facebook and I didn't like it till after he died. And I wish I had liked it before so he had seen it. I wish I talked to him and played with him more.

He was the only relative to actually play with me and he was so good at pool etc. He taught me how to play poker too.

And too know that I'll never see him again breaks my heart. When I was younger I was just that fat **** who played his psp/gameboy all the time, and even before he got diagnosed - I talked to him but infrequently and not as much as I would liked to have. I wasted so much time, and I'll never be able to see him ever again.

When I hear his favourite song, I start crying too. I always thought my life was hard, oh I've got so much studying to do boo ******* hoo. I wish I hadn't wasted all that time in the past that I could have been/seen him more - where I will never get back,and could have instead spent talking to him and being a better person in general too.

I can't help but think that he was such a good,honest person who did the best for his kids and overcame all the hardships that he faced. And what am I. I am some stuck-up ***** who was lazy and a failure.

His life had meaning and purpose and he made such a difference to people's lives, and I am completely insignificant compared to him. If I could switch what happened to him to me I would do it immediately.

I get upset when I see his photo too, and he was so young too. I just want to see him again. He never deserved what happened to him, I used to think all that there was to life was studying>uni>job. And somewhere I got lost along the way, I wish I had seen him more.

I am just fed up and sad, and I miss him. I love him.

It's not fair, not fair at all - taken way before his time and after what happened in the past, he made something for himself out of nothing and what he just dies? Where is the justice or reward for him.

He's my idol and I just want him back.

Obviously I'm not more close to him than his immediate family, but I just get so emotional in death, this is how I was last time - which was a long time ago.

And no I don't want no samaritans pm, I just want him back

ReputationRep:
    Just believe that he's in a better place now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just want him back
    Tough cookies... he's dead and that's that.
    The best thing you can think is that he has become one with the environment, when he decomposes the plants will use his goodstuff for food and they'll grow nice and pretty and big! Then they will reproduce and then your uncle will have lots of little pretty flower babies. Isn't that a lovely thought? He'll forever be on the Earth in one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

About a month ago, my uncle died. I don't know what to expect by posting here, but I just feel down.

To see the fittest person you know get ill like that is just crazy, you know for someone so strong and so fit to be in that situation is just unfair.

Anyway, he was diagnosed with cancer and I only saw him once before he died, the day before he went. I had exams during this time and didn't go to his funeral. The small comfort I have is that I saw him before he went, I feel so sad though.

He did everything for his family, and despite everything he went through and what happened to him (I don't want to go into all this) he never complained - at least not of what I heard ever.

To see someone so helpless, made me so upset. I feel sick and so sad.

He sent me a birthday message on facebook and I didn't like it till after he died. And I wish I had liked it before so he had seen it. I wish I talked to him and played with him more.

He was the only relative to actually play with me and he was so good at pool etc. He taught me how to play poker too.

And too know that I'll never see him again breaks my heart. When I was younger I was just that fat **** who played his psp/gameboy all the time, and even before he got diagnosed - I talked to him but infrequently and not as much as I would liked to have. I wasted so much time, and I'll never be able to see him ever again.

When I hear his favourite song, I start crying too. I always thought my life was hard, oh I've got so much studying to do boo ******* hoo. I wish I hadn't wasted all that time in the past that I could have been/seen him more - where I will never get back,and could have instead spent talking to him and being a better person in general too.

I can't help but think that he was such a good,honest person who did the best for his kids and overcame all the hardships that he faced. And what am I. I am some stuck-up ***** who was lazy and a failure.

His life had meaning and purpose and he made such a difference to people's lives, and I am completely insignificant compared to him. If I could switch what happened to him to me I would do it immediately.

I get upset when I see his photo too, and he was so young too. I just want to see him again. He never deserved what happened to him, I used to think all that there was to life was studying>uni>job. And somewhere I got lost along the way, I wish I had seen him more.

I am just fed up and sad, and I miss him. I love him.

It's not fair, not fair at all - taken way before his time and after what happened in the past, he made something for himself out of nothing and what he just dies? Where is the justice or reward for him.

He's my idol and I just want him back.

Obviously I'm not more close to him than his immediate family, but I just get so emotional in death, this is how I was last time - which was a long time ago.

And no I don't want no samaritans pm, I just want him back
    I know what people comment probably wont make things better, but hopefully this will give you small comfort.
    Although you can never make up fir the time you've lost or go back and change how you used to be, you can make the decision to change how you are now and in the future. It wont bring your uncle back and that absolutely sucks, and it's completely natural to think negatively about yourself in this time, but if you change what it is you most regret about your past it will eventually make you feel better. To make a start you could spend time with his family when you feel ready, it's a difficult time for all of you. I really hope things improve for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiesaurus)
    I know what people comment probably wont make things better, but hopefully this will give you small comfort.
    Although you can never make up fir the time you've lost or go back and change how you used to be, you can make the decision to change how you are now and in the future. It wont bring your uncle back and that absolutely sucks, and it's completely natural to think negatively about yourself in this time, but if you change what it is you most regret about your past it will eventually make you feel better. To make a start you could spend time with his family when you feel ready, it's a difficult time for all of you. I really hope things improve for you
    I think they will. :3

ReputationRep:
    I was in tears in some part :' but also reminded me of my uncle who's currently living in Thailand. I grew up with him since I remember by hearing his illness I was proper upset but I made it up when I went back to visit I get up every morning I get breakfast for him. Haven't seen him since then about 5 years now but he's doing well now. I know how your feeling about it but you remembered all good things, just don't wish or imagine much of what you should or could have done. It will just bring you down. Yes you can think of him but make sure your smiling not crying. He's in a better place now, no stress just rest hope you get better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.