Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The essential point I'm making is that this sensitivity isn't good for me - the main way it manifests itself is through a weight in my chest and stomach and it feels like a physical weight and it's difficult to deal with it.

The title is the only thing that I feel can express what I mean so please bear with me as I try to further explain.

I'm a sensitive person. I don't think that's a bad thing but it does have its bad points, but they're not always linked to negative experiences/things. eg If I see a happy couple on television then I'll most likely get that feeling. There are too many triggers to list but they're probably all linked with how I feel. Eg about the happy couple, then is it me wishing or longing for that?

Sorry if this isn't clear but if there's anyone who experiences something similar, please share. I don't know whether anxiety contributes to this but it doesn't make sense that something positive should make you feel bad?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    First thing I will say to you.

Put all of your mentality and energy into focusing on your anxiety, and then accept that it is there, that it is irrational, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

We all feel anxiety, and I too, frequently get it quite bad, as I’m sure many people do.
    The way to deal with these episodes where you feel trapped, and there is a huge weight in your chest and stomach pulling you down emotionally and physically, is to accept that you are anxious; it has a natural, evolutional benefit and it will always be there.

But just because it is always there, it doesn’t mean you should worry about it and let it get the better of you.

What works really well for me and some others that I know is trying to change your surrounding environment as soon as possible,even if its just going out for walks.

Remember, you aren’t alone in how you feel, and you did the right thing posting on here so others can help.

x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.