Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you cope with problems?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm clearly doing it wrong cause I spend too much time obsessing and wake up in the mornings a nervous wreck filled with anxiety and dread for the day and life ahead. I feel like I've messed up my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    I'm clearly doing it wrong cause I spend too much time obsessing and wake up in the mornings a nervous wreck filled with anxiety and dread for the day and life ahead. I feel like I've messed up my life.
    Depends what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Depends what the problem is.
    Break ups, fall out with friends, career anxiety, exam stress, bereavements, etc

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen anybody about it like a therapist?

ReputationRep:
    exactly the same here. i constantly think about problems, worries, concerns and shortcomings every day without taking any real action toward sorting out those issues.

ReputationRep:
    how do i deal with them?

i deal with them

WITH SAND PEOPLE

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I should call myself a pessimistic I sometimes(not constantly) worry about problems I will probably face in the future, clearly it does no good at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I write lists.

I tend to write down everything that's bothering me so I can read them back and work out, realistically, which of the problems I can do something about and which are outside of my control. I always seem to feel better for having done something constructive, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to work through it and just keep going with things like stress where the problems are probabaly caused by not thinking you can do something. you're going to have more problems sitting around thinking about it than if you just get on and work yourself out of it even if that seems counter productive at the time.

Anything personal is written down, read back and destroyed

ReputationRep:
    As ever, I get my advice from the inimitable Nedroid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fojodef)
    how do i deal with them?

i deal with them

WITH SAND PEOPLE
    That's racist!

ReputationRep:
    I generally rule at life and don't have a lot of problems. Sorry, can't help.

ReputationRep:
    I just pull myself together and deal with it rather than attention seeking on an online forum.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly pray, run, or talk to someone.

I also draw. Strangely, some of my best drawings happen when I have intense emotions. I guess I use art to channel my feelings haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I just pull myself together and deal with it rather than attention seeking on an online forum.
    Am not attention seeking. Clearly things are so bad I have to resort to reaching out to a group of strangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    As ever, I get my advice from the inimitable Nedroid.

Lol!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Listen to music.

ReputationRep:
    When I get in moods like that I plan what I am going to do to turn my life around and usually it has resulted in very big but exciting life decisions. As a result of moods like that I've decided to do a law degree (now I have that), get a job (working PT, don't particularly enjoy it but it's experience and earning me money), to move in with my boyfriend (lived together 2 years now), to do my legal practice course (two thirds of the way through that now), and decided to learn to drive (first lesson booked next week). Usually as a result of sitting there feeling sorry for myself, feeling like my life is going nowhere etc and then I think "enough of this, need to do something about it: what can I do?"

I was feeling like that the other day as I don't have much law experience and I was worried about getting a law job at the end of my course. So I stayed up really late writing my legal CV from scratch and it's probably the best CV I've ever written because I wrote it in a determined mood. Now I'm going to send speculative letters and CV to different employers. Just hope it gets me somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Break ups, fall out with friends, career anxiety, exam stress, bereavements, etc
    - Break-ups... they probably weren't the one.
    - What exams/ career are you pursuing?
    - Fall out with friends- I sympathise - people can be unexpectedly very horrible. Really good friends are very, very hard to come by but they do exist. When you find one you will know. Other than that you kind of have to put up with the pretence of being sociable/ having friends even though you will know deep down they aren't that great all the time. Many would say as we are social beings it is better to keep being sociable in a superficial manner and not have unrealistic expectations of people, than reclusify your self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    - Break-ups... they probably weren't the one.
    - What exams/ career are you pursuing?
    - Fall out with friends- I sympathise - people can be unexpectedly very horrible. Really good friends are very, very hard to come by but they do exist. When you find one you will know. Other than that you kind of have to put up with the pretence of being sociable/ having friends even though you will know deep down they aren't that great all the time. Many would say as we are social beings it is better to keep being sociable in a superficial manner and not have unrealistic expectations of people, than reclusify your self.
    The people can be unexpectedly very horrible is exactly what I am going through. It hurts a lot because every time I let someone into my life it goes wrong. I can't let go of the pain and anger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.