Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious if any US post-graduate students who will be attending Cardiff this next year know the approximate COA (Cost of Attendance)?

I assume it's close to other universities, somewhere around 50,000-57,000 USD.

I could not find anything on Cardiff's website.

Thanks a bunch!

ReputationRep:
    Just from looking around, it seems on the cheaper side to me. It depends on a few factors, though. I would look at the website, it does do the coa math for you and lays it out pretty well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I received an email from financial aid, so I thought I'd follow-up on my own post for those who need to know in the future. The total was $45,479 USD. This is considerably lower than other UK universities. I've emailed them over a few discrepancies in their calculations, and hopefully I'll hear back soon.

If there's any other US students applying, you may want to check your COA (cost of attendance) too.

The biggest issue was the food budget which allots only £3.28 per day for food. Most UK university's allot about 3x that amount.

I also noticed the visa fee (listed at £215.00) is over £310.00 now. My guess is some of this information may be outdated, or misprinted, but it is a part of their online calculator here:

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospec...ing-costs.html

and was on my COA that I was sent to approve.

Hopefully, some corrections will be made, but I thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else was interested.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.