Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you tell your family/friends that you love/care for them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering how often you tell your family/friends your love/care for them.

I barely tell my family that I love them, I do it like once a year for everyone.

I have told one of my close friends that I love her but she only says thanks... =/

I do have two other friends but I've yet to tell them how much I love them as I am scared of ruining what we have.

ReputationRep:
    Not that often probably close to never, but they know I do even though I don't verbalise it

ReputationRep:
    never. it's cheesy. i don't do sentimental, we're no that kind of family. however, there's a huge amount of respect and a feeling of gratitude and being indebted toward them.

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely, maybe every 5 years. I don't think its something we feel needs to be said. I know they love me and they know I love them too, we've never felt the need to say it to eachother constantly.

ReputationRep:
    That's just an awkward thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    I'm just wondering how often you tell your family/friends your love/care for them.

I barely tell my family that I love them, I do it like once a year for everyone.

I have told one of my close friends that I love her but she only says thanks... =/

I do have two other friends but I've yet to tell them how much I love them as I am scared of ruining what we have.
    this is the only thing i tell em

ReputationRep:
    When I was still living with them, I used to tell my parents and sister 'love you' every night before I went to sleep and I tend to tell my close friends whenever the mood strikes me, heh. I'm a 'wears their heart on their sleeve type', obviously.

ReputationRep:
    erm, i don't really tell them. It's just too awkward and cheesy. They know the feeling's there though so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    friends are life
    onlinesolutionproviders.com/questions

ReputationRep:
    Never, because I hate them and I hope they all die of the worst cancer possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHylian)
    Never, because I hate them and I hope they all die of the worst cancer possible.
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonriver96)
    erm, i don't really tell them. It's just too awkward and cheesy. They know the feeling's there though so it's all good.
    hey

ReputationRep:
    I find it a really uncomfortable thing to do even though I'm female and supposedly more expressive than my male counterparts-I blame it on my British mentality!!

I conclude Christmas and birthday cards with "Love, Jess" so I suppose that could be taken as a declaration

I also (sometimes) include kisses on messages but everyone does that I suppose

I try to tell my family, and particuarly my grandparents, that I love them when we part, by casually throwing in the phrase "love you" along with the more conventional "God bless, see you". But even that's impersonal as I don't even say that it's "I" who loves them

In short, not enough!

ReputationRep:
    I tell mine everyday. >#<

ReputationRep:
    Other than my bf a couple of times a week or after a petty argument, never.

ReputationRep:
    Never say that

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I had to tell my mum to tell me that she loves me.

She said it but as she was walking out she went- 'not'.

ReputationRep:
    Everyday.

Especially my Mum and Dad.

ReputationRep:
    At least daily, but only my family, not my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    Lol. I had to tell my mum to tell me that she loves me.

She said it but as she was walking out she went- 'not'.
    0.o

Dang, man - that's cold...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.