Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Passport has expired. Can I still get into the club on my Birthday?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am going out on my birthday and plan to go to a club with my friends as I've turned 18 recently. I haven't applied for my provisional yet so I don't have that as a form of ID. I was planning to use my passport but I realised that it has expired for a while now. I was planning to renew my passport when I'm 18 so I can acquire my first adult passport. I am a bit stuck now as I am unsure whether I will be able to get in with my passport. Does anybody know whether I would be able to get in and if not what else can I do? Will showing my bank card help or bringing my student ID card for college help?

All help greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I've had friends not get into clubs before with an expired passport, and even though my passport had only expired for a few weeks I wasn't even served in pubs. You can chance it but I would honestly not get your hopes up. I'd apply for passport/provisional ASAP though Passport will probably take a while atm as it's summer so I'd suggest getting your provisional right now. Perhaps hold off on going clubbing till then? Passport and provisional/driving licence are the only 100% accepted forms of ID sadly :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing they have to accept is passport, driving license and pass logo. They don't have to accept them if they are expired. When I did doors I never looked at anything but the DOB and photo unless I suspected it was fake so they may well not notice but you might not want to risk it on your birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I guess so. Ahhh luck will need to be on my side (Birthday luck if that exists)! Thanks for the replies guys. Open to more opinions pleasee!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you can blag it somewhere, I used to use my friends expired passport and never had any trouble!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I'm sure you can blag it somewhere, I used to use my friends expired passport and never had any trouble!
    Thanks for that mate! Hopefully won't have any trouble if I'm as lucky as yours truly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeepIt1Hunna)
    Thanks for that mate! Hopefully won't have any trouble if I'm as lucky as yours truly.
    Given you are actually the person on the passport you should be OK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeepIt1Hunna)
    I am going out on my birthday and plan to go to a club with my friends as I've turned 18 recently. I haven't applied for my provisional yet so I don't have that as a form of ID. I was planning to use my passport but I realised that it has expired for a while now. I was planning to renew my passport when I'm 18 so I can acquire my first adult passport. I am a bit stuck now as I am unsure whether I will be able to get in with my passport. Does anybody know whether I would be able to get in and if not what else can I do? Will showing my bank card help or bringing my student ID card for college help?

All help greatly appreciated!
    As someone who has worked in/managed/owned pubs and bars, here is my view.

The Law requires a 'valid id'. Technically an expired Passport isn't valid, therefore no entry.

Whether a particular venue chooses to overlook this is entirely down to them.

I wouldn't hurt to contact the club and found out their policy...maybe tell them your new Passport is delayed because of all the problems they've had processing them recently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.