Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I believe I am going to fail my gcses! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I just sat my exams this summer and am thinking I am going to fail! I sat 13 exams all together.

Business
    Ict
    maths
    english lit
    english language
    geography
    german
    biology
    chemistry
    physics
    re

I want to be a teacher and therefore need to go on to do a levels, but I have a sinking feeling that i failed all of them! I did revise a fair amount. I cant sleep at night as im always worying about the grades im going to see in six weeks time.

I am positive I got a D/E in maths because the teacher was away all year so we had a HLTA and he didnt explain everything as well amd what I know I learnt myself.

What happens if I do get an d/e in maths and fail all my other gcses?
    • Welcome Squad

Did you revise a lot? Did you do a few past papers?
    If you did then I'm sure you haven't failed how did your mocks go?
    Also did you do the higher paper?
    (Do higher papers still exist?)

(Original post by fungirl16)
    Hi guys, I just sat my exams this summer and am thinking I am going to fail! I sat 13 exams all together.

Business
    Ict
    maths
    english lit
    english language
    geography
    german
    biology
    chemistry
    physics
    re

I want to be a teacher and therefore need to go on to do a levels, but I have a sinking feeling that i failed all of them! I did revise a fair amount. I cant sleep at night as im always worying about the grades im going to see in six weeks time.

I am positive I got a D/E in maths because the teacher was away all year so we had a HLTA and he didnt explain everything as well amd what I know I learnt myself.

ReputationRep:
    I did the higher papers in all my exams. I did past papers for science and maths

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe I failed my exams however I am SO worried about my results- I am constantly thinking about everything I did WRONG and can't seem to remember any of the things I did RIGHT

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry you haven't failed. We all just tend to doubt our ability. I'm sure youve done better than you've expected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ER98)
    I don't believe I failed my exams however I am SO worried about my results- I am constantly thinking about everything I did WRONG and can't seem to remember any of the things I did RIGHT
    same i keep thinking about all the wrong things i've done and how many marks i've probably lost

ReputationRep:
    Classic case of nerves. You'll be fine, please do return and let us know how you did because if you really did fail in EVERYTHING then you'll have definitely succeeded in impressing me. I don't know anyone who revised seriously and got anything less than a C..

Even if you did fail everything, worrying about it today and tomorrow and every day prior to your results day won't change the outcome. Don't worry brah we all gonna make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fungirl16)

Business
    Ict
    maths
    english lit
    english language
    geography
    german
    biology
    chemistry
    physics
    re

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect
    http://www.spring.org.uk/2012/06/the...ncompetent.php

You're fine. If you think you did badly, but you did actually revise, then you'll definitely pass. Have some confidence, and try to ignore anything to do with GCSEs for now. It's over. Done. Finito.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't teachers need degrees as well as A levels? As if you need more stress right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    same i keep thinking about all the wrong things i've done and how many marks i've probably lost
    Thank goodness I am not alone. I am constantly adding it up in my head; what grades you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ER98)
    Thank goodness I am not alone. I am constantly adding it up in my head; what grades you aiming for?
    well initially i was aiming for A*s in sciences + maths, but considering how i did in the exams i'm hoping i got an A at least :/ chemistry went well though so i feel confident for an A* in that. The rest i was aiming for A/B's, so overall i'm hoping i got an A* in chem, couple of A and couple of B's, i'll be annoyed if I got a C tbh :/ what about you?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by ER98)
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    Try not to think about it guys. I'd suggest do things to distract you from thinking about them like reading, gaming, hanging out with friends, catching up on tv, watching movies, volunteering, going out, taking up a new hobby, a sport etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.